roverandbrew

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States, South Africa, Zambia
My current reloading setup is in my garage in Colorado. Day time temps in the winter range from 60 to single digits. I keep most components inside during the winter with only bullets and press / tools remain outside. What is the lowest temp you experienced hand loaders feel is reasonable to load in and maintain accuracy in hunting temps between 80 and single digits? A 45 degree day in the garage is bearable and not too bad.

It's going to depend on what you can stand as far as temperatures.

I don't believe that the temperature that you load a round at has anything to do with it's accuracy. But there are a few powders out there that are temperature sensitive as far as when the load is shot out of the rifle. This is why I do most of my load development during the summer when I am shooting at the range is usually a higher temperature than it will be when I am hunting.

The biggest problem will be contaminating the powder if it is a humid day with moisture getting into the powder dispenser and or can of powder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you