Alligator Hunts

Oldwood

Gold supporter
New member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
10
Location
Los Angeles, California
Member of
SCI Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia
Looking for recent experience and recommendations for FL gator hunts in 2026. Rifle and harpoon.
Thanks in advance.
 
No rifle and harpoon is at the end. Greg targets are all over 9 feet. It’s a very interesting and exciting hunt. Greg is a friend of mine and I don’t think you would be disappointed. It’s truly a spot and stalk hunt.
 
Thank you! I called him and you were spot on, Greg is fantasitc. Booked a hunt with him for this upcoming season. Please message me your name, he wanted to know who to thank!
 
Glad you called him, It’s a great adventure. If gators are on your list he is a great guy to use. It’s a rather spiritual trip. Nothing better than having a “well done prayer” on the water as the sun is trying to light things up. Plus, St Cloud is a real cowboy town though most don’t think of cowboys in Florida. Just go for minimum of 10 feet. He will get you there.
 
Ed, I can’t thank you enough. Hands down the most unique hunting experience I’ve had this side of the Atlantic. Hunting alligators has been a childhood dream of mine and I never thought I would find a true fair chase experience, let a lone a guide like Greg Love. Hands down better than I had hoped for and this was no canned hunt on private land. It was the real thing. Ethical, sporting and the honest challenge I was looking for. Safety a priority too. He walked me through the equipment and strategy the night before and again the next morning and it stuck. Our first monster went over 11 feet and was in the boat by 815 am on day one. 2 amazing animals caught and in the boat by day 2. Processing of the hides is underway and the conversation and company was worth the trip alone. Already booking next year to return with my son, Jack and hunt again. Greg is a special guide for sure and the experience was everything you said it would be. Truly grateful.
 
This sounds very interesting and something I have considered for a father son trip. I went and looked at the website but I am still unclear on exactly how he operates and how the Gators are harvested. Would you mind just giving a quick tutorial on how it all goes.
 
Happy to. This is strictly public access and fair chase. Greg gets you on the water early and you will be glassing for gators as soon as there is light. He will teach you how to gauge size and method of take begins with a baited wood plug. No traps, no baited hooks, no tech. The FWC site describes this legal method of take and is another good source of information. If the alligator takes the bate, you will soon be pitching by hand a weighted treble hook until you can set it and — hand over hand — wrestle it to the boat. It’s physical and beyond rewarding to feel and see a trophy size alligator on the other end of a line in your hands and to bring it to the side. When the moment is right, you will be able to dispatch it with a bang stick, and with Greg’s steady direction and help, tape its mouth shut - safety always first - and work with Greg to “roll” the entire animal over the side and into boat. You and your son will never forget it. I’m bringing my boy next year. He’s had big tuna on the line but nothing like this. Lodging and local food was fantastic too. Feel free to DM me if you’d like more details. I can not recommend this experience and Greg Love, personally, more highly. Olde Florida was exceptional.
 
Thanks for the info, that sounds both interesting and exciting. I just could not figure out what his technique was by reading the website. I will keep him in mind for 2028.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,922
Members
169,645
Latest member
Kenneth29A
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top