Alaska Earthquake

God bless all the affected people, material things are not really of concern, the well being of the people affected by this is.

We Trust you all will be ok, thoughts and prayers are with you all..

Glad to hear most everyone made it out okay

Bullyhrower338 - et al,

Sorry I didn’t see this thread until just now.
Doing well, in spite of the quake, thanks for asking.
I held my wife with one arm and the living room center post with my other arm, plus one leg around the post as well lol.
It felt and sounded like the whole house was going to fly apart but, it held together.
Things fell from the book shelves and framed pictures fell from the walls, but nothing much else really happened.
Other people in the area were not so lucky.
I know one person who’s carport smashed down on top of their pickup truck.
Another person suffered a broken water main and their basement flooded before they got it shut off.
I think only one house caught fire in Anchorage.
Some bridges were badly damaged, as well as some surface roads cracked apart.
If Wyoming wasn’t so cold, I’d move there hahahaha.
Thanks again for everyone’s thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Paul.
Thought maybe you were hunting critters in a faraway land and missed all of the excitement!

i happened to be at work when the quake started. was pretty interesting for sure! no phones were working initially, but was able to text the family, they were fine except for a bunch of broken stuff. i was held over at work for 8 hours, and for the first two days, first responders were pretty busy. after that things slowed down a bit.

there was no loss of life that I'm aware of, and the rest of it is just stuff....except my guns, they are more important than other stuff! :LOL: i need to look in the safe and see what happened. thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

velo dog was gonna come over for dinner that night, but he needed to take care of family, so we postponed it. he was in good spirits for being sober! :D

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the show.
Glad to hear things aren't worse.
Hope all works out for you guys and gals up there.

not everyone got off as easily as i did. a guy that hunts in our moose camp had his house shift in a downward direction about 10 inches according to him!!! yikes. city came and said lower part of his house was uninhabitable. :(

So glad everyone so far is safe! All you Alaskans are a tough breed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross