Alaska Arms Mag Extender

I just got a set of the AA rings for my African last Friday and they for and look great on the rifle. I like that they're very low profile instead of thick like a lot of new style rings are. I haven't set my scope in yet but the directions with the rings guarantee within 1/4" return to zero.

30mm rings? Please post a pic when you get the scope mounted! I’d like to see if the AAs are lower than my Warne rings.

Their products are second to none. Fantastic QD mounts and anything they sell is top shelf.

30mm rings? Please post a pic when you get the scope mounted! I’d like to see if the AAs are lower than my Warne rings.
Yes sir 30 mm. It's mounted but I didn't get pics yet, I'll post a couple asap. I don't remember if I got the med or low but he said they're the 30 mm equivalent of what came with the rifle. They line up perfect for me

Papa72 these are the equivalent of the med rings that came with the rifle. Alaska Arms makes a lower set but I can't see how those would like up for me at all. The rings are machined and blued perfectly I can't find a thing to complain about in these rings.
1000033816.jpg
1000033812.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Axle2010. Yeah, those look about the same height as my Warne rings. Very nice!

Have you had any issues accidentally knocking your safety into the middle position while working the bolt? I've done it more than once just practicing inside but not when I'm actually shooting but I'm not a big fan of the safety so far.

No, not yet.…practicing or shooting. I use the open palm method, maybe that’s the difference?

Question on the rings. Can the levers be set at any angle? Or must they be 90’/parallel to gun?

I ask as I prefer qd levers on the right hand side of the gun however if both levers are parallel to the guns reciever I thought they may interfere with the action, loading the mag or ejection etc.

Yes, the Warne ring levers can index in any position & I assume the AAs can as well. The Warnes on my Ruger don’t interfere with the bolt cycle or loading/ejecting.
IMG_2269.jpeg

MontanaGrant I have Talley qd's in my m70 375 that are on the right side and they're facing each other over the ejection port and I have no trouble with feeding or ejecting either one. I see no reason the Alaskan rings wouldn't be the same. They do come in left and right models though so I think you would need to order left hand rings so the levers are on the right side.

Appreciate the replies. The Alaska arms rings just always made me question as his instructional video and every pic I’ve seen of them shows them flat/parallel and never seen them in any direction, wondered if they had to be that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElbertWadd

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?