AHR .416 Ruger For Sale US$2,750

Petey J

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, Life Member NRA, North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association
Such a deal. If I had the funds, and it had a 14.5 LOP, I'd crawl all over it.

Sorry.

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Petey,

I'm 6'4" and prefer a longer LOP as well. I thought about calling Wayne to see about getting an inch+ added but never got around to it. I had Mark Bansner add length to one of his stocks and respray and it was fairly reasonable. It will fit the masses. :)

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Back to the top. Great rifle for Alaska or Africa. . .and many places in between. Deadly on rabbits to rhino. Great stopping rifle for raging cottontails! Protect yourself and your loved ones!

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Go kill a turkey for Thanksgiving bump. May not be a true stopping rifle. . . but I promise it will stop a rogue turkey.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
What caliber was this originally? Or did CZ make a factory rifle in 416 Ruger? What's the Barrel length? How many rounds will it hold in the magazine?

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
What caliber was this originally? Or did CZ make a factory rifle in 416 Ruger? What's the Barrel length? How many rounds will it hold in the magazine?
I am unsure of original caliber. It is possible it was a full custom by AHR but effectively has AHR#3 upgrades. No CZ “billboard” on action. 23 1/2” barrel. Holds 3 down.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Go kill a turkey for Thanksgiving bump. May not be a true stopping rifle. . . but I promise it will stop a rogue turkey.
What would be the recommended bullet brand and weight for stopping a charging turkey? Just trying to "bump" your ad!

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
What would be the recommended bullet brand and weight for stopping a charging turkey? Just trying to "bump" your ad!
I would suggest A-frames. Notwithstanding the bullet, placement is critical. Frontal brain shot is imperative for a grumpy turkey that looks at you like you owe it money.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I would suggest A-frames. Notwithstanding the bullet, placement is critical. Frontal brain shot is imperative for a grumpy turkey that looks at you like you owe it money.
I wouldn't waste an A-frame on a turkey. I'm thinking a 225gr. Core Lokt from my .338WM would stop it? But, to each their own?

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I am unsure of original caliber. It is possible it was a full custom by AHR but effectively has AHR#3 upgrades. No CZ “billboard” on action. 23 1/2” barrel. Holds 3 down.

I'm surprised it only holds 3 down. I thought one of the trademark benefits of the CZ-550 action was a larger mag capacity.

John Camp

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Mexico, Georgia, California, Missouri, Tennessee, Iowa, Idaho
I'm surprised it only holds 3 down. I thought one of the trademark benefits of the CZ-550 action was a larger mag capacity.
My Ruger Hawkeye in 416 Ruger only holds 2 down.

neckdeep

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
I wonder if this gun is built on the 30-06 standard action instead of the big magnum 550 action, just curious, would the 416 Ruger fit in the standard action? would explain the 3 down. The big action's I have had will hold 5 down

neckdeep

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
My AHR Lott holds 5 down, and all the previous 375's I have had will also, this gun has to be on a standard size 550 action?

RR 314

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I wonder if this gun is built on the 30-06 standard action instead of the big magnum 550 action, just curious, would the 416 Ruger fit in the standard action? would explain the 3 down. The big action's I have had will hold 5 down
Yes sir. The “advantage” of the Ruger is they can be built on a std length action. My .458 Lott and .404 AHRs both hold 5 down from memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaiwanquan2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark