AHR .416 Ruger For Sale US$2,750

Such a deal. If I had the funds, and it had a 14.5 LOP, I'd crawl all over it.

Sorry.

Petey,

I'm 6'4" and prefer a longer LOP as well. I thought about calling Wayne to see about getting an inch+ added but never got around to it. I had Mark Bansner add length to one of his stocks and respray and it was fairly reasonable. It will fit the masses. :)

Back to the top. Great rifle for Alaska or Africa. . .and many places in between. Deadly on rabbits to rhino. Great stopping rifle for raging cottontails! Protect yourself and your loved ones!

Go kill a turkey for Thanksgiving bump. May not be a true stopping rifle. . . but I promise it will stop a rogue turkey.

What caliber was this originally? Or did CZ make a factory rifle in 416 Ruger? What's the Barrel length? How many rounds will it hold in the magazine?

What caliber was this originally? Or did CZ make a factory rifle in 416 Ruger? What's the Barrel length? How many rounds will it hold in the magazine?
I am unsure of original caliber. It is possible it was a full custom by AHR but effectively has AHR#3 upgrades. No CZ “billboard” on action. 23 1/2” barrel. Holds 3 down.

Go kill a turkey for Thanksgiving bump. May not be a true stopping rifle. . . but I promise it will stop a rogue turkey.
What would be the recommended bullet brand and weight for stopping a charging turkey? Just trying to "bump" your ad!

What would be the recommended bullet brand and weight for stopping a charging turkey? Just trying to "bump" your ad!
I would suggest A-frames. Notwithstanding the bullet, placement is critical. Frontal brain shot is imperative for a grumpy turkey that looks at you like you owe it money.

I would suggest A-frames. Notwithstanding the bullet, placement is critical. Frontal brain shot is imperative for a grumpy turkey that looks at you like you owe it money.
I wouldn't waste an A-frame on a turkey. I'm thinking a 225gr. Core Lokt from my .338WM would stop it? But, to each their own?

I am unsure of original caliber. It is possible it was a full custom by AHR but effectively has AHR#3 upgrades. No CZ “billboard” on action. 23 1/2” barrel. Holds 3 down.

I'm surprised it only holds 3 down. I thought one of the trademark benefits of the CZ-550 action was a larger mag capacity.

I'm surprised it only holds 3 down. I thought one of the trademark benefits of the CZ-550 action was a larger mag capacity.
My Ruger Hawkeye in 416 Ruger only holds 2 down.

I wonder if this gun is built on the 30-06 standard action instead of the big magnum 550 action, just curious, would the 416 Ruger fit in the standard action? would explain the 3 down. The big action's I have had will hold 5 down

My AHR Lott holds 5 down, and all the previous 375's I have had will also, this gun has to be on a standard size 550 action?

I wonder if this gun is built on the 30-06 standard action instead of the big magnum 550 action, just curious, would the 416 Ruger fit in the standard action? would explain the 3 down. The big action's I have had will hold 5 down
Yes sir. The “advantage” of the Ruger is they can be built on a std length action. My .458 Lott and .404 AHRs both hold 5 down from memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois