AH Get Together Dinner In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2024

I wish I could have attended the DSC get together. The SCI convention is not as intimate. But I’m still looking forward to it. It’s great to read of the fellowship the members enjoyed in DFW
The AH get together Dinner at SCI was really great last year. Try to pop in if you can;)

As for the the actual convention, I agree with you. But Nashville is a very fun city:)

Thank you. I plan on it. I have another couple traveling with us. So it can be overwhelming to choose events.

Sara loves her new Von Gruff knife that she won!
Thank You @ActionBob and @Just Gina for the amazing donation
And @AfricaHunting.com Jerome for putting together the party last night, well done.
It was great to see everyone again and meeting new friends!
View attachment 580089
So glad she likes it! We had a ton of fun working with Garry to plan and design the knives. I think I mentioned that we ordered at least 10 knives in that group, I don't remember exactly now because @Just Gina also had a custom knife and another one or two made as well. But Garry actually donated the door prize one;)

When I do the DSC thats kinda what i end up doing. Im looking forward to next year in ATL and the pics from this year
My group missed you again Norfolk :ROFLMAO:. At least out bar bill was reasonable this year

Thanks again to everyone who attended. I believe a good time was once again had by all. Special thanks to our sponsors and a little beyond that to @Mark Biggerstaff and @ActionBob / @Just Gina for the various optics and knife donations.

Now to start thinking about Atlanta.........

Last edited:
Wow what a great night we had at the 11th annual AH Dinner! The turn out ended up being about 200 people and it was a tremendous event. It just seems to get better each year as many more people already know each other and the first timers are warmly welcomed by all.

Thanks to several very generous members and sponsors, we had many awesome door prizes!

Firstly, a personal thank you to @ActionBob and @Just Gina for giving me a beautifully made gift, a custom knife from Garry Von Gruff which is engraved with the AH logo on one side and Jerome, Founder on the other side which was very thoughtful and something I will cherish.

@ActionBob and @Just Gina also brought a custom knife with the AH logo engraved on it donated by Garry Von Gruff. Thank you all.

Also a personal thank you to @mdwest and his wife for the wonderful and beautifully packaged custom made candles from @candlesforconservation, which we all are going to hear more about in the near future.

@mdwest also generously donated a set of Candles For Conservation as a door prize and brought the stunning limited edition signed/numbered prints of the big five that were donated by the South African artist Anet Kruger @Anet/Insig who collaborated with them on the design of the candle labels.

A huge thank you to @Mark Biggerstaff and @R&M FIREARMS (website www.randmfirearms.com) for the incredibly generous door prizes of several hunting optics gear from scopes, binoculars, range finders and more. We appreciate your contribution to our community in so many ways!

Thank you to good member @flying sailor who could not make it to the party but went out of his way to send me a door prize just to add to the fun of a firearm cleaning kit for our event.

Congratulations to the many winners of the door prizes especially all of the lucky ladies who won some great stuff...

I want to thank all of our sponsors who donated to our AH Get Together Dinner 2024 for their donations which has in part made this event possible.

Thank you and much appreciation to @PHOENIX PHIL for being the member who started this great event during DSC!

Most of all I want to thank all of the great members who make AH and this event so special! AH has a lot of really excellent people who are the heart and soul of this community. This group is so friendly, welcoming and fun which make this event so enjoyable.

IMG_3852.JPG

More pictures to come...

IMG_3854 Large.jpeg
IMG_3856 Large.jpeg
IMG_3857 Large.jpeg
IMG_3858 Large.jpeg
IMG_3859 Large.jpeg
IMG_3860 Large.jpeg
IMG_3861 Large.jpeg
IMG_3862 Large.jpeg
IMG_3863 Large.jpeg
IMG_3864 Large.jpeg
IMG_3865 Large.jpeg
IMG_3867 Large.jpeg
IMG_3868 Large.jpeg
IMG_3869 Large.jpeg
IMG_3870 Large.jpeg
IMG_3872 Large.jpeg

IMG_3874 Large.jpeg
IMG_3875 Large.jpeg
IMG_3876 Large.jpeg
IMG_3877 Large.jpeg
IMG_3878 Large.jpeg
IMG_3879 Large.jpeg
IMG_3880 Large.jpeg
IMG_3881 Large.jpeg
IMG_3882 Large.jpeg
IMG_3883 Large.jpeg
IMG_3884 Large.jpeg
IMG_3885 Large.jpeg
IMG_3886 Large.jpeg
IMG_3887 Large.jpeg
IMG_3888 Large.jpeg
IMG_3889 Large.jpeg
IMG_3890 Large.jpeg
IMG_3891 Large.jpeg
IMG_3892 Large.jpeg
IMG_3893 Large.jpeg

this is always one of my favorite nights of the year... thank you @AfricaHunting.com / Jerome and @PHOENIX PHIL for all the work that goes into this and making it happen each year..

Im barely recovered from last week... and already looking forward to next year! :)

When I drove up and read the sign, I thought Jerome had assembled an AH band for entertainment.:oops::ROFLMAO:

1705439821885.png

It looks like a great time! I was at the new house dealing with contractors that I did not want to reschedule again, and I have been painting, so I did not go to DSC this year. Thank you to everyone who either messaged me or asked Bob about me. You all are very kind! I am ok, just a busy time for us. I am glad Bob got to go. He needed to have some fun!

@AfricaHunting.com Jerome, I am so pleased you like your gift! As you know, AH is very special to @ActionBob and I, as it is where we first met, and the AH dinner was where we first met in person. We wanted to have something special made for you since you are the founder of our great community here!

Sad I missed the fun, however glad I got some more crossed off the lengthy to do list here.

Looking forward to next time! :giggle:

It looks like a great time! I was at the new house dealing with contractors that I did not want to reschedule again, and I have been painting, so I did not go to DSC this year. Thank you to everyone who either messaged me or asked Bob about me. You all are very kind! I am ok, just a busy time for us. I am glad Bob got to go. He needed to have some fun!

@AfricaHunting.com Jerome, I am so pleased you like your gift! As you know, AH is very special to @ActionBob and I, as it is where we first met, and the AH dinner was where we first met in person. We wanted to have something special made for you since you are the founder of our great community here!

Sad I missed the fun, however glad I got some more crossed off the lengthy to do list here.

Looking forward to next time! :giggle:
@Just Gina Sorry we missed you this year! I appreciate your kind words and thank you so much for the very thoughtful gift, it will get a lot of use. I know moving is a lot of work but once you get settled in the end result is worth all of the effort!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbiGob

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double