Age of first African hunting trip

This thread has made me feel so much better about myself. At 41, and never having been to Africa, but dreaming about it for over a decade, I was beginning to think it will never happen. But I would say I’m not even up to the average.

Hopefully I’ll get there before I’m 45 (previous goal was 40, but I didn’t get married until 35, and we just had our 3 child last week). And now the oldest is talking about hunting Africa with dad, and needing a rifle built for her…

I was 29 on my first trip.

I was 33 on my first trip (2021). Was supposed to go at 31 but covid ruined that plan. Took my dad (59) in 2021 for Father’s Day as his first trip too. Been fortunate to go each of the last 2 years as well.

Africa definitely gets in your veins and if you’re like me you’ll find things in your budget to cut out so you can keep going.

40, 42 & 44

Went the first time in 2012 at the age of 57. My son was 33. Eastern Cape. Thought it was a once in a lifetime thing. Been back in 14, 17, and 21 to different areas but all in South Africa. Lots of memory’s on the wall.

12. Plains game in Limpopo. Next year I hunted two buffalo in Zambia. I was hooked before I ever went.

I was 42 when I went on my first safari in South Africa. This year will be my 11th safari and I hope to do many more before my time is up.

I was 32 my first trip but turned 33 halfway through the safari.

That was 2021. I am booked with a different outfit and different country for august of this year and will be 35 and turn 36 while over there.

Planning this August for SA
Enjoy the planning phase and finally having everything come to fruition. Don't get sucked into the idea this is a once in a lifetime trip and you need to do it all while you're there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you