Age of first African hunting trip

I was 32 when I went to Namibia in 1991.

My first trip over the pond was 28. I have been fortunate to have 9 amazing trips since then. Don’t wait to go. Shipping trophies home is getting ridiculous.

I was 24 when I enjoyed my first safari in 1983. 24 days in Zimbabwe with Roy Vincent, then of Rosslyn Safaris. Full bag for everything except lion. I should have made the hunt 28 days, as I’d have shot a wonderful lion in addition to the other 3 Big Five species I took, along with a full bag of plains game.

I hunted Zimbabwe when I was 29. I took my girlfriend with me. We got engaged in Harari after the hunt. We got married 2 years later and went on a hunt in South Africa for our honeymoon.

My son got his start at 8. I took him to visit a friend of mine at his ranch in southern Namibia. My son had a great time helping to get meat for the workers.

View attachment 591216
That is one heck of a can!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one heck of a can!
Yes, made by a friend of my friend in South Africa. Worked very well though. Makes me wish they were legal in Australia, but that will never happen unfortunately.

I was a few weeks shy of 40 when we went to Namibia in 2022. My son was 10. I'm going back in '26.

42, went to Namibia. Lost my dad the year before and decided to quit putting it off or may never get the chance. Took some saving and a couple nice stock trades but all worked out. Now working on my fourth one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveI79146

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,