AfricaHunting.com to be updated

For me: search option doesnt work. whatever I type, it doesnt show up.

The only way to search the forum for me, is to go to google, and type "africa hunting forum + XY subject" then google runs the search.

Hi Jerome, not a big fan of change also but I do understand when things are necessary. I did see on another thread about not being able to stay logged in, I’m having the same issue.

For me: search option doesnt work. whatever I type, it doesnt show up.
Hi @mark-hunter, Very strange I tested the main three browsers and no issue. What browser are you using? What exactly doesn't work? thx, Jerome

I like the new format, but when I click on forums, the various forums don’t show up? It’s what’s new or new posts? Being technologically challenged, I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’m not sure how to now navigate?
Hi @CoElkHunter, The main menu Forums link works just fine for me, when you click on this link: https://www.africahunting.com/community/ do you land on the forums page where the various forums are?

Make sure to click on the actual Forums link located in the main menu in order to get to the proper page.

Attachments

• 4ACA7720-706A-4F83-8F3E-064DCB8EABD2.png
    4ACA7720-706A-4F83-8F3E-064DCB8EABD2.png
    443 KB · Views: 225
Enclosed is a screen shot I get with forums. How do I get to the forums: .375 and up, handguns, reloading, etc.?
Never mind, I found it. Thanks!

I will include this here as well.

IMPORTANT:

Members still experiencing issues with NOT staying logged in while browsing AH may wish to check that you are connecting to the site with a secure connection through https and NOT http.

The correct way to access AH is through a secure connection at the following link: .

AH has been operating with a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for a long time, but if you have an old AH link or bookmark on your computer or mobile device please update your bookmark to avoid this issue of the system logging you out as you browse the site.

Here is the secure connection with https:
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.38.43 PM.png

Here is the insecure connection with http:
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.40.29 PM.png

Enclosed is a screen shot I get with forums. How do I get to the forums: .375 and up, handguns, reloading, etc.?
Thank you for the feedback @CoElkHunter! Look at the forum menu now on your phone, I now included shortcut links to all of the main forum sections on AH. My best, Jerome

I also hope that the "sideways messages" posting of phone pictures will be fixed. Drives me nuts and I'm sure Wayne gets tired of me asking him to fix them. LOL
From what I have experienced so far the image issue has been corrected on this new platform which I'm extremely happy about as we were fixing these rotated images daily manually. I like automatic!

Just for old times and messing with the new GIPHY feature...

giphy.gif

I assume ability to link your previously uploaded pics will still be available once changes are finalized?
Done! (y) It's now named Media and it can be found under member's avatar next to their forum posts as well as on the window that opens up when you hover your mouse over a member's avatar.

Already miss the home page with pictures and easily found news stories etc.
@sestoppelman, The home page is back! I purposefully kept the same look as before even though it had to be completely rebuilt through coding which is why it took some time. Hope you're feeling better about the update. We're getting there soon.

I like that you can preview the content by hovering over the thread title now without having to open it to decide if its something you want to read- thanks for the improvements

@AfricaHunting.com Jerome, could you please post the link to the gold,silver,bronze sponsor levels as I see mine is out and I couldn't find them. Always willing to support the cause here.
@buck wild, I agree the hover is a great feature. Regarding the Sponsors, Supporters and Benefactors level all has been restored. I looked at your Supporter status and it shows it ended on June 12, 2020. Thank you always for the support. Cheers, Jerome

Honestly I’m not loving it so far but I’ll get used to it. One thing that is annoying me is I can’t go from reading one thread and then going straight to New Posts ( I think ), have to hit the Home button first?
@Ragman, I don't know what device you're using but the new menu sticks at the top of the page for easy access to the navigation so you will find the New posts link that you're after, see:

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.14.57 PM.png

@Ragman, I don't know what device you're using but the new menu sticks at the top of the page for easy access to the navigation so you will find the New posts link that you're after, see:

View attachment 359985
Yes, I’ve figured a lot of it out and am happy again! I was using my iPhone SE and at first didn’t notice some of the features. We’re all good!

Not sure about the changes but I am sure I will (eventually) get used to them. I am still using a bookkeeping software from 2009........
I would add that when the assistant moves a picture from its original post to a new thread it automatically adds that thread to my "watched" list. Makes it extremely frustrating to go back and "unwatch" every picture I post. Something to think about while you are making changes, Thanks

Is the "what's trending ?" coming back? I liked that.

Or if it's still there I can't find it.

Not sure about the changes but I am sure I will (eventually) get used to them. I am still using a bookkeeping software from 2009........
I would add that when the assistant moves a picture from its original post to a new thread it automatically adds that thread to my "watched" list. Makes it extremely frustrating to go back and "unwatch" every picture I post. Something to think about while you are making changes, Thanks

Weird how some people seem to have that issue more than others....? I've had it happen but not in several years.

How's the new forum working from your smartphone Kevin? :A Tease:

:A Outta:

(n)
I was going to give you the "V" for victory without one finger, but as this is a public forum........
It's amazing how much work I can get done without my phone going off all day....

(n)
I was going to give you the "V" for victory without one finger, but as this is a public forum........
It's amazing how much work I can get done without my phone going off all day....

My very first dislike !!!

I'm digging the new forum ! LOL

Truly didn't realize we now had "like" options now. Pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg