AfricaHunting.com to be updated

I did much prefer the header on the previous forum page where the bit of black kept the bright yellow from dominating the page and the thumbnails still take so long to load that I rarely look at them. Just this morning on the "New all round knife" thread, Witold Krazy1/4anowski (post #55) and after a minute of waiting for the thumbnails to load I gacve up and moved on.

Also know that this move to update to this new/updated platform was necessary for lots of reasons and it is something that in time could not have been avoided. The now older platform which was replaced by this one was no longer supported properly in many ways. A major one was the security updates which were no longer available and this is crucial to AH. Also if I did not keep up with the times there would be a moment of no return where you are just stuck with what you have as it is no longer feasible or much more complicated to update. I know people don't like change, but I only did this because I had to. I hope that you will give it a chance once it is completely finished.

There is another site that hasn't kept up with that times and it damn well shows!

I'm not always a big fan of change either, but it is inevitable and needed.

By the way, I love having "likes" in the private messages. Wantsd that for years!

I also hope that the "sideways messages" posting of phone pictures will be fixed. Drives me nuts and I'm sure Wayne gets tired of me asking him to fix them. LOL

On the sideways phone pictures I had it explained to me it is the way that the phone owner takes the pictures.

I can't remember what he said about Iphones but for android type phones you want the volume buttons pointed down or the top of the phone pointing to the left. They the photos will come out just fine on the forums.

On the Iphones I believe that it is just the opposite.

I have been trying to do take the photos this way and it seams to work for me.

One other problem that I have ran into with phones is that when using TapTalk the picture appears to be broken and you can not see it. It just shows a broken screen type picture. I looked on the TapTalk forums and it appears to be a TapTalk problem but I also did some experimenting. If the picture is copied and pasted into the thread it will appear broken when viewing on a phone but it is alright if you are using a computer. But as I said this is a TapTalk problem I believe and I don't know what they are actually planning on doing

Using the mobile app:
I used to be able to see when original post was made for a topic but now it only indicates most recent post date/time. This was especially useful for seeing when offers were first made in Deals and Offers pages. Would like to see that make a return

Using the mobile app:
I used to be able to see when original post was made for a topic but now it only indicates most recent post date/time. This was especially useful for seeing when offers were first made in Deals and Offers pages. Would like to see that make a return
This is when viewing from the "home" page, obviously you can still open the thread and see when the OP was made.

I assume ability to link your previously uploaded pics will still be available once changes are finalized?

The new look and function is easy to use/navigate. I am familiar with the photo setup from other sites, and it is the only way to go. Being able to view all the photos in sequence without going back & forth to the main entry saves time and allows easy comparisons.

Don’t like having to go down to the bottom of the first page to jump to the last post. Option should be at the top of the page as before or am I missing something.

if i can figure it out,anybody can.

Don’t like having to go down to the bottom of the first page to jump to the last post. Option should be at the top of the page as before or am I missing something.
The option is at the top as well.
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.59.44 PM.png

I like the changes. Thanks for the heads up and the up date.

Happy to see things looking almost normal again!!:A Banana:

Didn't like the change as it was going thru the update stages. But now it is awesome. Thanks Jerome.

Didn't like the change as it was going thru the update stages. But now it is awesome. Thanks Jerome.
Thx, glad to hear. Give us a little bit more time and we will have AH as we know it a bit better and improved!

Last edited:
Agree with the above. I complained on here the other day but once again I put my foot in my mouth!

Jerome- This new platform is awesome! I like the bullet points brought back. Good job all around. Hutch

I like the new format, but when I click on forums, the various forums don’t show up? It’s what’s new or new posts? Being technologically challenged, I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’m not sure how to now navigate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg