AfricaHunting.com to be updated

Pleased to see the addition of the extra emoji's at the bottom of a post.

I must be getting old, I thought the old format was amazing! Cutting edge! Today, I logged in it reminded me of social media website.

Hmm, the actual content now takes up about half the window that it used to . . . making everything smaller . . . the yellow bars on top and bottom cover the whole screen but the actual content is squished in the middle . . . is that me or is that the update?

I may be getting too crochety for updates!
I would associate my remarks with the gentleman from Canada. ;) Only slightly more than half the available page space is used by the actual comment section. I assume that looks more Facebookish (in fact - sort of academic?) but for participating audience with an average age of - well a lot - perhaps a larger space and slightly larger or darker font might have been useful.

I suspect we'll all get familiar with it anon.

Hmm, the actual content now takes up about half the window that it used to . . . making everything smaller . . . the yellow bars on top and bottom cover the whole screen but the actual content is squished in the middle . . . is that me or is that the update?

I may be getting too crochety for updates!
I think that's to allow ad space. Seems to be what it's for on other sites, but since I use an ad-blocker, it just has vast empty spaces on the sides.

I had to log in again on all of my devices.

I like the new format seem much faster thank you

Is the form no longer on TapTalk?

All I get is a long wait

I'm liking what I see so far. Faster load times for picture heavy posts and I'm also taken to the last post read automatically which was very much hit or miss on the other/older version.

Nice!

Is the form no longer on TapTalk?

All I get is a long wait
We should be back on Tapatalk. Can you check and let me know if everything is in order, thx.

It's back up on TT

Whoah Jerome, I'm so used to the old AH it'll take a bit of getting used to, but overall I think it looks great!

Well done!

Geeez,,, I go boating for a couple of days, come back and its all changed! Had to reset my password since it no longer had me signed in. I always wonder what was wrong with the old format, I liked it just fine.

Already miss the home page with pictures and easily found news stories etc. Reminds me of what happened on another forum about rifles that I like. They went full retard, changed everything, and consequently lost many long time members. I rarely visit there anymore.
This new look reminds of that. I suppose maybe its "better" in some ways, don't know, don't really care. I liked it the way it was. Sigh......

Hi Everyone!
Much appreciate all of the feedback.
We are still working on the coding for the home page which is not live now, that is why there is a redirect to the forum at this time, when done, the home page will be very similar to the home page that you were all familiar with. My developer and I are also busy working on the coding for the other display pages. This is still very much a work in progress and I do appreciate the feedback. All of these changes take time, we have been at it since Thursday and I think that we should be done by the end of next week. When we are done I think that you will all find the look and feel of AH very close to what you got used to and enjoyed with new features that are going to be great.
Thank you for your patience,
Jerome

Must say it is different. Logging back in is/was simple, will take some getting used to as all changes do, not a social media junkie so no comparison for me there. Better/worse not enough time for any opinion. Change takes longer to adapt the older I get it seams.

MB

Also know that this move to update to this new/updated platform was necessary for lots of reasons and it is something that in time could not have been avoided. The now older platform which was replaced by this one was no longer supported properly in many ways. A major one was the security updates which were no longer available and this is crucial to AH. Also if I did not keep up with the times there would be a moment of no return where you are just stuck with what you have as it is no longer feasible or much more complicated to update. I know people don't like change, but I only did this because I had to. I hope that you will give it a chance once it is completely finished.

Last edited:
As they say there is one thing that is always constant, and that is change. You either change or get left behind.

I've seen a couple of web sites that didn't change with the times and they quickly died, in more ways than one.

I appreciate your comments Jerome. You have to keep up with the times or you become history. I’m sure security of website is very important along with load time of videos, pictures, etc. I’m glad I’m not in IT.

Also know that this move to update to this new/updated platform was necessary for lots of reasons and it is something that in time could not have been avoided. The now older platform which was replaced by this one was no longer supported properly in many ways. A major one was the security updates which were no longer available and this is crucial to AH. Also if I did not keep up with the times there would be a moment of no return where you are just stuck with what you have as it is no longer feasible or much more complicated to update. I know people don't like change, but I only did this because I had to. I hope that you will give it a chance once it is completely finished.
Researching various stuff on the net I've stumbled onto other forums that obviously haven't been updated in a very long time. It's tough to work with them. Updating is a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rugermagnum

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,