Added another to collection!

I’m loving the old school sheep skin lined Gun bag! The serial number puts it at about 1954 according to Roger Rule. This will be a Great Plains gun to bring to Africa.
 
Mark,I think your suspicions about this rifle being a safe queen are well founded. I wonder if the previous owner has any more such rifles "laying around?" If so, please give him my phone number. Did the previous owner trade this in on a new rifle or just sell it outright? BTW that is one fine looking rifle.
 
Mark,I think your suspicions about this rifle being a safe queen are well founded. I wonder if the previous owner has any more such rifles "laying around?" If so, please give him my phone number. Did the previous owner trade this in on a new rifle or just sell it outright? BTW that is one fine looking rifle.

Sold it out right to shop along with a really nice Winchester Model 61 22lr. I was told.
 
Wow, what a beauty.....congrats! You have to let us know how she shoots. :Drool::Drool:
 
That is a true classic! I would have done exactly what you did. I doubt I would have let it out of my hands during the transaction for fear someone else would grab it!
 
Glad it worked out Mark! Clean rifle and fair deal!
 
Nice one, Mark!

That's a fine shooting iron. It'd be a pity to damage that stock. Any chance you can by a plastic trash-stock for it to use on safari, then slip it back into that beauty when you get home?

That gun will be worth 30% less after one safari, only because its a 98%+ gun now and will be a 90%-95% gun after being carried in the bush. Hate to see it as a safe queen, hate to see it roughed up, hence the idea of getting the best of both worlds was suggested.
 
FWIW. Nosler Custom Accutip LR 200gr ammo in 300HH worked awesome for me. One shot kill on a bull giraffe through the boilerroom. Certainly will work magic on all the plains game.
 
Nice one, Mark!

That's a fine shooting iron. It'd be a pity to damage that stock. Any chance you can by a plastic trash-stock for it to use on safari, then slip it back into that beauty when you get home?

That gun will be worth 30% less after one safari, only because its a 98%+ gun now and will be a 90%-95% gun after being carried in the bush. Hate to see it as a safe queen, hate to see it roughed up, hence the idea of getting the best of both worlds was suggested.

I been looking at other stocks. Haven’t decided yet on what to do.
 
Nice find, I might have a unfinished pre 64 stock laying around let me check in the shop.
 
Follow up on this rifle. I finally got my buddy to help me work up a load for it as I do not reload.
Barnes 180 TTSX @3075 fps is the load we finished up at. It will probably shoot better than I can. Put a Swavarski Z5 2.4-12x50 BT Plex on it.
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,268
Members
169,732
Latest member
FaeAnders
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top