Action Bob's Mule Deer

Thanks for the ice comments everyone! I'm very fortunate to have such a great place to hunt .mule deer. We have a healthy local herd that looks to be able to produce a couple fantastic bucks per year. It is so difficult to get tags that the only real threat might be coyotes.... but I'm working on that;)
 
I pheasant hunted north of Ulysses, KS. Use to be great, but they’ve changed crops to sorghum instead of corn and sunflowers. Hardly a bird around now.
I hope with your corn, alfalfa and winter wheat your bird population does better along with your mulies!
Best of luck on another fine mulie next year!
Oh yes, I guess there is getting to be a huntable population of elk along the Arkansas River!
 
Hey Bob, anytime you want to invite me for a mulie hunt just let me know!;)
 
Hey Bob, anytime you want to invite me for a mulie hunt just let me know!;)
You'll never get a tag under the current permit process in KS. I get a landowner tag. A d they cannot be bought, sold, or given away.
 
I pheasant hunted north of Ulysses, KS. Use to be great, but they’ve changed crops to sorghum instead of corn and sunflowers. Hardly a bird around now.
I hope with your corn, alfalfa and winter wheat your bird population does better along with your mulies!
Best of luck on another fine mulie next year!
Oh yes, I guess there is getting to be a huntable population of elk along the Arkansas River!
Saw 3 times as many pheasants this year than the previous 2 combined. Got lots of quail;)
 
You'll never get a tag under the current permit process in KS. I get a landowner tag. A d they cannot be bought, sold, or given away.
Was just kidding. Some real bruisers there.
 
Tim you are welcome to come shoot coyotes;)
We need to put together a long-range affair at your place on the prairie and a short range affair at my place in the woods.
 
Saw 3 times as many pheasants this year than the previous 2 combined. Got lots of quail;)

That’s excellent! Bobwhites or scaled?
Two years ago, I saw more bobwhites at Gizmo’s than I saw in 30 years growing up in Texas! Not so many this year, but still a decent population.

Hope you’ll show us some trail camera pictures of your mulies! Just to antagonizes us!
 
Very few quail and a token amount of pheasants here in my part of Kansas. A lot of turkey and the deer are coming back from a slight decline. We do have a overload of raccoons, skunks, possums, and coyotes. That might be part or the quail problem.
 
That’s excellent! Bobwhites or scaled?
Two years ago, I saw more bobwhites at Gizmo’s than I saw in 30 years growing up in Texas! Not so many this year, but still a decent population.

Hope you’ll show us some trail camera pictures of your mulies! Just to antagonizes us!
We have both quail species. But I'd say more scaled this year.
 
Action Bob
I keep returning g to your post as I am truly impressed.
I an also very happy to have had lunch with you in Cairns.
Thanks for posting this.
 
We need to put together a long-range affair at your place on the prairie and a short range affair at my place in the woods.
Tim we can do that;)
 
Action Bob
I keep returning g to your post as I am truly impressed.
I an also very happy to have had lunch with you in Cairns.
Thanks for posting this.
Back at ya Ray, you have me dreaming of Bantang;)
 
20171130_085316.jpg
 
I had a very satisfying hunt for this guy. Spotted him with 5 does and 2 smaller bucks. I was looking into the sunrise so tough to see details but saw enough to know he worth trying to get closer. They were on the next pivot over and moving along the edges of the fields towards cover to hide out for the day. So I backed out of that field then circled back staying hidden behind sand dunes, sage, and grass. Duck walked and crawled into position and ended up shooting him at close range...
 
My 2018 season mule deer. Also at Gizmo's Top of Texas Taxidermy. Shot with muzzleloader at 144 yards not more than 1/4 mile from where I got my 2017 one.

20180918_201654.jpg
20180918_201450.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,855
Members
169,445
Latest member
999bethostv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top