About time I introduced myself

Chukardogs

AH member
Joined
Sep 16, 2022
Messages
47
Reaction score
242
Location
Nevada
Media
10
Hunting reports
Africa
1
It's time to introduce myself. I have been lurking (like many) on this site for some time now. I have worked in the outdoor industry off and on, more on, since I was 13 years old, now 46. I hunted South Africa back in 2005 where I took 9 animals with my bow. Since then I have spent my time hunting in N. America. I am now ready to go back to Africa for a cape buffalo and have narrowed it down to the Niassa or Zambia. I bought the rifle so now it is time to get off the pot and get serious about booking the hunt. This site has been very helpful and extremely entertaining. So hello!
 
Glad to have anyone called chukardogs along for the adventure. Thanks for joining and best wishes on your hunt plans. Buffalo will be my next trip as well but it’s a couple years off I’m afraid. . .
 
Giday chukardogs and welcome to the A H forums.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
I’m next door in utah and have hunted Nevada more than once, but no need to drive that far :)
 
Welcome chukardog, buffalo is a great ambition. What rifle do you have?
 
Welcome to the site from a fellow Nevadan. You are about to embark on one of if not my favorite DG to hunt! I always have time for Cape Buffalo...

HH
 
Welcome chukardog, buffalo is a great ambition. What rifle do you have?
I worked for a large sporting goods retailer for 13 years and had a lot of exposure to nice rifles. I also worked with some people that had/have a vast knowledge of firearms. So I chose to go the historical American route and picked up a Winchester pre-64 model 70 in .375 H&H from a local friend/Winchester collector(boy does this guy have some great rifles). The choices are endless and I have a bad case of the wants for many fine doubles and bolt guns. I figured I would start of with a basic American classic.
 
A buff with a double would be a nice aspiration for the next Africa trip.
 
With one barrel or two, I wish you a one shot kill as I had on both of my buffs.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Glad you joined in and thanks for the compliment.
Good luck with your research.
 
Welcome to AH “posting side”!
 
Welcome to this side of AH from Michigan
 
Welcome aboard. That’s a fine choice of a rifle. I just bought one a month ago in LH after I got back from my first Buffalo hunt. Sounds like you are on the right track for getting a buffalo hunt booked, mine was one of the best hunting experience of my life. Good luck and looking forward to hearing about your hunt.
 
It's time to introduce myself. I have been lurking (like many) on this site for some time now. I have worked in the outdoor industry off and on, more on, since I was 13 years old, now 46. I hunted South Africa back in 2005 where I took 9 animals with my bow. Since then I have spent my time hunting in N. America. I am now ready to go back to Africa for a cape buffalo and have narrowed it down to the Niassa or Zambia. I bought the rifle so now it is time to get off the pot and get serious about booking the hunt. This site has been very helpful and extremely entertaining. So hello!
Welcome to the posting side!
 
Welcome from a North Queenslander! You obviously have the smell/taste of the place (Afrika) embedded in your veins; it's addictive !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,014
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top