A Very Merry Christmas at Gina and Bob's House!

Well the Christmas spirit is alive and well. It’s absolutely beautiful!

Speaking of George, all we can see is his Butt, I hope that's not facing the front door.
I think the trophies look great in the house,
Anyone wanna wager how long it takes for the wife to get her way about moving them out?
I'd rather bet this is all well played by Bob who now has the required planning approval from his wife to build that trophy room.
Go back to my opening post, bottom of the first paragraph and click the link to last year's Christmas tree. Better shot of George there:)

As for the rest, that triple beast mount is moved upstairs to make more room for Gina's big tree. The double Buffalo and waterbuck from the dining room have gone to board upstairs temporarily also, making room for the white tree. As has the bushbuck pedestal from the stairs landing where the slim 9' tree now resides in his stead;) And a few shoulder mounts from the entry way have moved on up also. The immediate victim of all this immigration was the old table and some chairs I had upstairs to work on guns. Those have been re-homed via my mother's garage sale. As have a few other surplus items.

Both Gina and I are still suffering sticker shock on the bid for the trophy room and the closet upgrade Gina wants. She is a very practical woman.... she wantsxa closet with a washer and dryer in it. I mean who can argue, that is where the clothes are after all. LOL

So we have made a few compromises as we re-evaluate whether we want to spend the money on a new trophy room or just buy or build a second house;)

Fantastic! It ALL looks great and very festive! Thanks for sharing it and Merry Christmas!!

Just one thing though… :unsure:

It’s

umm

well

I’m not sure it’s quite enough. :E Shrug:

I’ll bet @ActionBob would love to help with more. There’s still time.

:A Outta:

Merry Christmas from Europe/Austria to all members of AH-community - all the best and happy hunting/Weidmannsheil for 2023

40CD8D56-9788-4CBB-91B1-6A948692FA4B.jpeg
C8017E09-7234-4179-AF1D-71D74A975AD9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob and Gina, congratulations on finding each other and having the wit to glom on!
I had no interest in being married when I met The Lovely Mrs, neither did she. But we both realized at the time, if we don't commit now, we'll drift apart and rue it forever. So we did it, 46 years later I'm still well content. (Hope she is)

Christmas is Gina's very most favorite Holiday of the year. She has surpassed last year's 12' Farmhouse Tree complete with cream cans, red barns and even wheelbarrows. https://www.africahunting.com/threads/merry-christmas-ah-community.66353/

This year @Just Gina went all in on red and white "Peppermint" Christmas;)

Last year she was shopping for a white tree to add to her growing collection. I had the 7.5 foot white tree loaded on a flatbed cart heading for the checkout when she spotted that 12' tree! So I'm unloading the white tree to go load the 12 footer and she screams "what are you doing".... Um, putting this one back so I can load that monster you just found? "Nooooo!... Get another cart! I NEED them both!!! Well foolish me, in my defense we had only been married a couple months at that point.... live and learn;)

Gina has been collecting red and white Christmas decorations, working on her Peppermint and Gingerbread themes for some 5 years. Well she thinks she never got finished because we got busy and also went deer hunting.... but she did manage to set up 4 trees. The 12' in the living room, the white one in the dining room, a new 9' ultra slim on the stairs landing, and another she pulled out of storage. She really had intentions of doing 6 total and claims the slim one is just not finished. I let you all judge....
View attachment 507265View attachment 507268
Any woman that allows a fully mounted rhino is an absolute saint and keeper!!!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Bob and Gina

Christmas is Gina's very most favorite Holiday of the year. She has surpassed last year's 12' Farmhouse Tree complete with cream cans, red barns and even wheelbarrows. https://www.africahunting.com/threads/merry-christmas-ah-community.66353/

This year @Just Gina went all in on red and white "Peppermint" Christmas;)

Last year she was shopping for a white tree to add to her growing collection. I had the 7.5 foot white tree loaded on a flatbed cart heading for the checkout when she spotted that 12' tree! So I'm unloading the white tree to go load the 12 footer and she screams "what are you doing".... Um, putting this one back so I can load that monster you just found? "Nooooo!... Get another cart! I NEED them both!!! Well foolish me, in my defense we had only been married a couple months at that point.... live and learn;)

Gina has been collecting red and white Christmas decorations, working on her Peppermint and Gingerbread themes for some 5 years. Well she thinks she never got finished because we got busy and also went deer hunting.... but she did manage to set up 4 trees. The 12' in the living room, the white one in the dining room, a new 9' ultra slim on the stairs landing, and another she pulled out of storage. She really had intentions of doing 6 total and claims the slim one is just not finished. I let you all judge....
View attachment 507265View attachment 507268
HOLY MOLY! Just Gina outdid herself. What amazing trees and festive house to enjoy the holidays in. I HATE decorating but I sure love enjoying others. I wish I was coming to your house. Happy New Year to you both.

Gina, the Mrs. and I decided that we needed to go to an artificial tree several years ago. We simply couldn't manage the weight of a large "live" tree. We decided on a tree from "Balsam Hill." Considering your delima, I just checked their offerings of larger trees. As it turns out, trees up to 30' tall are available. They are out of stock right now but if you start looking early.......... LOL

BTW your house looks fantastic.

Gina, the Mrs. and I decided that we needed to go to an artificial tree several years ago. We simply couldn't manage the weight of a large "live" tree. We decided on a tree from "Balsam Hill." Considering your delima, I just checked their offerings of larger trees. As it turns out, trees up to 30' tall are available. They are out of stock right now but if you start looking early.......... LOL

BTW your house looks fantastic.
Thank you, Art!
I will have to check their website. I should start planning now lol!

HOLY MOLY! Just Gina outdid herself. What amazing trees and festive house to enjoy the holidays in. I HATE decorating but I sure love enjoying others. I wish I was coming to your house. Happy New Year to you both.
After following her and action Bob they also are great hunters and people!!! You will enjoy their posts!

As @ActionBob stated, Christmas is my absolute favorite! Not that most of our men folk here will be too interested, but during all my windshield time on the road, I made a peppermint afghan to match this year’s theme! Have already been working on next year’s theme the last two years! :E Angel: :giggle:
View attachment 507279
Wow, beautiful work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg