A Very Merry Christmas at Gina and Bob's House!

Good gosh a full-body rhino!! Freaking awesome! Love the Christmas trees as well, Gina.
Thank you, Scott! George takes up a lot of real estate. Any idea the size of Christmas tree I could fit there?? lol
Merry Christmas! :)

Thank you, Scott! George takes up a lot of real estate. Any idea the size of Christmas tree I could fit there?? lol
Oh Lord, here we go... she wants a 20 footer next;)

Merry Christmas to you both as well!

I grew up in a modified A-frame three-level house on a small ranch in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Each year, we went out and cut a big blue spruce Christmas tree that went almost all the way up to the peak of the A-frame ceiling from the main floor - two stories tall. It looked awesome.

Good gosh a full-body rhino!! Freaking awesome! Love the Christmas trees as well, Gina.
Scott did you notice how there are no complaints about having a full mount lion under the stairs in the entry way? I'm telling you, the secret to getting your wife to NOT complain about a full mount lion is to simply put a full mount rhino behind the couch ;)

Scott did you notice how there are no complaints about having a full mount lion under the stairs in the entry way? I'm telling you, the secret to getting your wife to NOT complain about a full mount lion is to simply put a full mount rhino behind the couch ;)
And here is my Christmas advice to anyone. DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT listen to @ActionBob OR @Royal27 (Bob's taxidermy partner in crime) regarding taxidermy in the house. They both thought George was a good idea. :cautious::S Dots::S Rant:

Oh Lord, here we go... she wants a 20 footer next;)
@ActionBob

YOU have a full mount rhino in the living room. I think if I want a 20' tree in the house once a year, I can darn well have it!
(good thing George moved in before I did.) :E Laugh:

Merry Christmas to you both as well!

I grew up in a modified A-frame three-level house on a small ranch in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Each year, we went out and cut a big blue spruce Christmas tree that went almost all the way up to the peak of the A-frame ceiling from the main floor - two stories tall. It looked awesome.
Oh my gosh! I need a 2 story Christmas Tree!!! :love::P Cheerleader:

@ActionBob

YOU have a full mount rhino in the living room. I think if I want a 20' tree in the house once a year, I can darn well have it!
(good thing George moved in before I did.) :E Laugh:
Well we will just have to watch the after Christmas sales ;)

Well, I will let you know how your advice works out!

Wendy is not a fan of warthogs or hyenas but I told her that a full-body hyena mount chasing a warthog across the top of our long dresser in the master bedroom would look really cool. She did not accept my logic. Some women just don’t get it I guess!:A Bonk:

Well, I will let you know how your advice works out!

Wendy is not a fan of warthogs or hyenas but I told her that a full-body hyena mount chasing a warthog across the top of our long dresser in the master bedroom would look really cool. She did not accept my logic. Some women just don’t get it I guess!:A Bonk:
Scott my taxidermist, aware we are out of space, was explaining his vision of a wart hog sitting upright without a base. It would be light enough to move around as needed.

I told him that was great idea. But that my thought was a standing pose. Head cocked sideways a bit, a look of surprise on it's face, tail straight up,, with a bottle opener in it's bung hole.

When he quit laughing he stated that was how it had to be now that he had that vision in his head;)

This got me to thinking. Perhaps we could just get rid of the couch and guests could just climb up and sit on the rhino?! Kills two birds with one stone in my book.

Scott my taxidermist, aware we are out of space, was explaining his vision of a wart hog sitting upright without a base. It would be light enough to move around as needed.

I told him that was great idea. But that my thought was a standing pose. Head cocked sideways a bit, a look of surprise on it's face, tail straight up,, with a bottle opener in it's bung hole.

When he quit laughing he stated that was how it had to be now that he had that vision in his head;)
And this gem will only come in this house once we have the dedicated trophy room done! :E Laugh:

This got me to thinking. Perhaps we could just get rid of the couch and guests could just climb up and sit on the rhino?! Kills two birds with one stone in my book.
Something like this? Only the rhino double occupancy cuddly marriage counselor version;)
IMG-20221221-WA0024.jpg

And this gem will only come in this house once we have the dedicated trophy room done! :E Laugh:
I’m thinking we should chat about buying/sharing a second home together in Canada for more mounts that are not or might not be importable to the USA. I actually contacted the Canadian Wildlife Service folks and they said a US citizen who owns a home in Canada can import anything with a CITES export permit!

I’m thinking we should chat about buying/sharing a second home together in Canada for more mounts that are not or might not be importable to the USA. I actually contacted the Canadian Wildlife Service folks and they said a US citizen who owns a home in Canada can import anything with a CITES export permit!
AH time share? I saw a beautiful spot while mountain goat hunting in the Coastal Mountains of BC. Had a great view of a glacier;)

Any other advantages such as being able to hunt as a resident?

A fishing cabin just North of the Minnesota border would be cool too.

AH time share? I saw a beautiful spot while mountain goat hunting in the Coastal Mountains of BC. Had a great view of a glacier;)

Any other advantages such as being able to hunt as a resident?

A fishing cabin just North of the Minnesota border would be cool too.
Yes, split weeks or months up. Could maybe Airbnb it to select people. I was thinking somewhere west of Calgary headed towards Banff in Alberta but open to other areas.

I think to hunt as residents would require dual citizenship but I would think a guy could work out something reasonable with a local outfitter who needed camp help, trail clearing, fetching clients from the airport in exchange for some hunts??

Well we will just have to watch the after Christmas sales ;)

Not only can Gina read this but we can all see we it. We can't take sides, but we can't lie for you ActionBob. You might have to go collect that 20" tree.

Well that is just a whole load of Christmas cheer! Looks great! My lovely bride and I have a wall 18' high and 30' long in the house - has never been decorated or even a nail put in it. Our story is I said "my next wife is gonna let me put skins on that wall" and her answer is "your next wife isn't gonna get that wall" I think we have an understanding.. Merry Christmas all and thanks for posting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ktman

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.