A Texan walks into a bar.... .

Jonah was very special. He was only about 10 months old when we married so he grew up thinking he was a Shorthair.

Much luckier than my Brit. She grew up taking orders from a chihuahua!:Arghh:
R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH, WR !

Spike, isn't it past your scotch time???

Anytime is a good time for scotch!:A Big Hello:
R.

Spike, isn't it past your scotch time???

o_O....simon @TMS dont drink that stuff , but started friday evening and been quaffing since then as my brothers 50th ,apart from sleeping the odd time. so as nobody is around to party with now i have decided to maybe go to bedabout 4.14am monday morning here................;) :D Beers::D Cheers::D Cheers:

Kimba, chilling out...she's really done her bit over the years.
2015-07-05 19.44.07.jpg

Right where she ought to be I think.

We have a rule here. "If you don't like sharing the couch with the dogs get off of it, they paid for it".

I fully agree with you....but they are banned from near the dinner table..

Yep. The way I train them not to beg is just to always give them a few bites of whatever we are having when we are done but they don't even get a crumb from around the table while we're still seated.

Are you hunting cats with the beagles or are they just there for good company?

They seem to have developed a disliking towards domestic cats but I try not to encourage it... He has managed to catch a few rabbits though.

Just good company...

I understand that. Ours get along fine with my wife's house cats but in the field they think they are really fun chew toys!

In the US the biggest predator problem we have on game birds are feral cats so that's something we encourage rather than discourage.

We shoot feral cats on the spot, they totally destroy game bird populations.

I understand that. Ours get along fine with my wife's house cats but in the field they think they are really fun chew toys!

In the US the biggest predator problem we have on game birds are feral cats so that's something we encourage rather than discourage.
Same here. Overall we've got a big problem in this country with predators in general. When I was a kid "hide hunting" for coons, bobcat, coyote etc was a passion and a way we could all make some good money while having a good time over the weekends. The anti's killed the fur industry and that killed the hide industry (along with regulations which drove all the tanneries offshore) and as such predators have exploded across the country. As they have our game bird populations have correspondingly dwindled steadily.

Too many predators who are too concentrated by continual buildup and urban sprawl along with the destruction of millions of acres of native habitat for hay production have all conspired to make life pretty tough on quail which are the game bird species with the widest distribution across the continent here.

I fully agree with you. I have spoken with Frans, will see when we can get a few days wingshooting.

Welcome to AH.

The start of your hunting report:
A Texan walks into a bar... in Africa...

Sounds like one of my hunting reports.....LOL

Whoops! Welcome WildRose, from a fellow Texan!

welcome..... she's no hunting dog but she's my baby! Love her to death.

2015-06-03 17.20.57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg