A different rifle, Kipplauf, when one shot is all you need

I’m just going to agree with everyone here. I went the Merkel route but the concept is basically the same.

I have a Merkel K1 in 7mm Rem Mag, topped with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x and weighing in at 6# 5oz. Pushing a slightly soft load of a 150gr. Nosler E-Tip at 3,000 fps I get 1/2”-3/4” groups. In all candor, that’s as much recoil as I really want to handle in such a light rifle. It’s truly a dream to carry but care does need to be taken to manage the light weight. There really isn’t any cause at all for a sling - it’s that light. The trigger on mine is the best I’ve ever used and breaks at 2# on the lowest setting.

My wife has a K3 Stutzen (full stock) in 7x57r and pushes the same 150gr. Bullet at 2700 fps. Accuracy is sub 1” and I have to say it’s the most beautiful rifle in the safe. The 20” barrel makes for a deceptively short rifle, almost toylike. For my own grins I worked up a 175 gr. load to 2450 fps.

Conceptually, I can do anything I want with the 7mm RM. Download it to a 140 gr. bullet at 2700 and deliver a perfect deer load to 250 yards...or dial it up to max and shoot anything in the lower 48. I’ve found I prefer a heavier rifle for blind shooting but for a good walk and stalk I’m hard pressed to think otherwise.

I’d say your Blaser is a great choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot (110).png
    Screenshot (110).png
    140.4 KB · Views: 101

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg