A different rifle, Kipplauf, when one shot is all you need

I’m just going to agree with everyone here. I went the Merkel route but the concept is basically the same.

I have a Merkel K1 in 7mm Rem Mag, topped with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x and weighing in at 6# 5oz. Pushing a slightly soft load of a 150gr. Nosler E-Tip at 3,000 fps I get 1/2”-3/4” groups. In all candor, that’s as much recoil as I really want to handle in such a light rifle. It’s truly a dream to carry but care does need to be taken to manage the light weight. There really isn’t any cause at all for a sling - it’s that light. The trigger on mine is the best I’ve ever used and breaks at 2# on the lowest setting.

My wife has a K3 Stutzen (full stock) in 7x57r and pushes the same 150gr. Bullet at 2700 fps. Accuracy is sub 1” and I have to say it’s the most beautiful rifle in the safe. The 20” barrel makes for a deceptively short rifle, almost toylike. For my own grins I worked up a 175 gr. load to 2450 fps.

Conceptually, I can do anything I want with the 7mm RM. Download it to a 140 gr. bullet at 2700 and deliver a perfect deer load to 250 yards...or dial it up to max and shoot anything in the lower 48. I’ve found I prefer a heavier rifle for blind shooting but for a good walk and stalk I’m hard pressed to think otherwise.

I’d say your Blaser is a great choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot (110).png
    Screenshot (110).png
    140.4 KB · Views: 103

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you