9 Point buck with a 375 SOCOM

Bule Jagter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
ZA, USA, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
I shot this video while deer hunting on a military base in Indiana, a few weeks ago. I usually try to avoid excessive zooming in and out while recording video, but I was trying to determine if the buck met the minimum requirements on this hunt. In order to shoot a buck at this property, it must have a minimum inside spread of 15", and at least four points on one side.

It was 14:00 when the deer approached my tree stand, and I needed to begin heading out of my hunting area at 14:30, because we were expected to be checked out of the hunt, and heading off the base by 16:00. You'll notice, I shot at the deer four times. It wasn't necessary, because the first shot went through his lungs. I knew I had a well placed shot, but I continued to shoot because I was trying to prevent the need to track him, so late in the day. Three of the four shots went through his vitals. One shot missed completely. If you watch closely on the third shot, you'll see a limb move immediately after I shoot. The deer was standing still as I fired, and the limb caused the bullet to hit low (watch for the soil to fly up, underneath the deer). Surprisingly, he didn't move after the third shot, and I was able to fire a fourth time as he stood in the same spot (this time the bullet was not deflected). Within seconds of the third hit, he was down, and I was happy to measure his inside spread to be 16 1/4" (Well above the minimum requirement).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross