9.3x64 Brenneke

According to German law yes. The law of the importing Nation needs to be cross-checked too though.
Canada has similar law.

Primers and reloading powders are controlled items. (Can’t be shipped by regular carriers anyway, nor can you fligh with them in your luggage).

Brass is not and can be freely imported into Canada.

For loaded ammo there are restrictions (need a firearm licence and you are restricted to the number of rounds you can import at one time - 500 for rifle and 2,000 for shells if I remember correctly).
 
Last edited:
It is a shame, Bertram Brass have the 9.3X64B brass in stock but apparently it is not being exported.
Don't know if you coould get together and get some sent over.
9,3x64 is a russian sniper cartridge too!!!

HWL
 
I have long wondered why the 9.3x64 has not been the basis for many wildcats, other than the rebated rim.
Man, I did NOT know it had a rebated rim! That is almost enough to kill it.
 
I think the rebate is less than .010”. I’ll check and report back. Nothing at all like the 284 Winchester.
 
TypeRifle
Place of originWeimar Republic(Germany)
DesignerWilhelm Brenneke
Designed1927
Produced1927–present
Parent casenone
Case typeRimless, bottleneck
Bullet diameter9.30 mm (0.366 in)
Land diameter9.00 mm (0.354 in)
Neck diameter10.04 mm (0.395 in)
Shoulder diameter12.05 mm (0.474 in)
Base diameter12.88 mm (0.507 in)
Rim diameter12.60 mm (0.496 in)
Rim thickness1.30 mm (0.051 in)
Case length64.00 mm (2.520 in)
Overall length85.60 mm (3.370 in)
Case capacity5.71 cm3 (88.1 gr H2O)
Rifling twist360 mm (1-14.17 in)
Primer typeLarge rifle magnum
Maximum pressure440.00 MPa (63,817 psi)
[th width="298px"]
9.3×64mm Brenneke​
[/th]​
[td width="298px"]

9.3×64mm Brenneke FMJ cartridge​
[/td]​
[th width="298px"]
Production history​
[/th]​
[th width="298px"]
Specifications​
[/th]​
 
I just checked 3 pieces of new HDS brass and the rim to base measurements were as follows:

1. .4945. To. .5035

2. .491. To. .503

3. .4915. To. .5035

Moral of the story is, the rebate might as well be non existent. But most importantly is that the more important dimension is the most consistent.
 
There were a few Wildcat cartridges based on the 9.3x64.

The 6.5x63 Messner Magnum, 8.5x63 Messner Magnum, .376 Steyr, .30 Hembrook Long, 8x64 Mazon, and I believe there was a .400, but I don't know the name
 
It seems Frankonia always has brass and ammo for sale.
For brass you need a German “connection”. I believe they can buy the brass only without a firearms licence and then ship it to you.

brass, bullets and primers need no firearms license in Germany
 
I wonder if anyone tried modifying a 9.3x62 Blaser barrel to a 9.3x64 and what was the result?
What bolt head and magazine works with the 9.3x64?
 
Blaser builds the occasional 9.3x64 barrel. They sell them over here occasionally, I don't know if a dealer is doing them or Blaser is making a special run available.

Bolt head should be the same as the 8x68S.

In the R93, the 9,3x64 and 375 H&H used the same magazine.
 
I am trying to find a good 9,3x64 Sauer 90 or Mauser 66 to go along with my Voere 2165 in 9,3x64.

I have an R93, but the 9,3x64 barrels are rare on the used market. I also have an R8, but I have not decided if I think it is worth it to go the path of a custom barrel for one.
Check GunBroker in the next week LSB will be listing a Mauser 66
 
A very nice rifle caliber 9,3x64 Brenneke, built by a good gunsmith. Unfortunately, interest seems to be limited.

a13429bb-aa0c-4cbb-8597-0cab6c746a25.jpg

 
A very nice rifle caliber 9,3x64 Brenneke, built by a good gunsmith. Unfortunately, interest seems to be limited.

View attachment 760646

Very nice rifle with an interesting safety.
However, being built for a left hand user the demand will be quite limited.
But a lefty can't hope for something better.
 
Very nice rifle with an interesting safety.
However, being built for a left hand user the demand will be quite limited.
But a lefty can't hope for something better.

It is not primarily a rifle for a left-hand user. The cheek rest is on the left side, I don't know why, but that is not a problem. It is a custom rifle and perhaps it might have been designed for a right-handed shooter who was using his left side for shooting. That sort of things exist.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,916
Members
169,642
Latest member
CharmainKi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top