9.3x62 Project mostly finished

Sandman0921 Yes the case head is the same as the 30/06. That is what my rifle started life as. Didn't have to do anything to get it to feed proper. I changed the trigger out at a afterrmarket adjustable. I flipped a coin on whether I used the Parker Hale or a FN Comerical mauser for my conversion. If your buddy doesn't come to terms with you on the model 70. We could talk about the FNcomerical mauser in 30/06 I might part with.

That looks great. I always kinda wanted a nice custom 9.3x62 setup for Africa (express sights, etc).

My booking agent the first time I went to Africa had a really cool custom 9.3x62 that sparked the interest. After researching some about the caliber, it made me want one even more.

Dave............nice job. Nothing quite like the beautiful orange glow of a good Claro. If you want to change that to a synthetic, I could probably trade you straight across!
I am going to rebarrel an old tang safety Ruger 77 from 06 to 9.3x62. The case heads are not quite the same on any of the diagrams, however. Rim diameter of the 9.3 is usually listed as .470 compared to the 06 which is .473. Then the 9.3 is a little fatter just in front of the extractor groove. I think if your rifle started life as an 06 you should consider making all your brass out of 06 brass so any potential problems are eliminated. And if you have never reformed much brass, you will find that 06 to 9.3 is not as easy as you may first think...............................beautiful rifle, and with that bbl and bedding I bet it will shoot great...............................FWB

FWB I would want to deprive you of a highly coveted Synthetic for just a plain old chunk of walnut firewood:ROFLMAO: Before I built this one I built a savage 110 30/06 up to make sure I liked the round and work out the kinks that sometimes come up with slightly different case head sizes. The savage shot well feeding was no problem. So since I had a 9.3 barrel and a reamer well just had to decide which rifle was going to be the donor. The parker hale vs FN mauser. I have had the piece of firewood laying around for a couple years and it finally found a home. I have been shooting the hornaday and prvi partizan in the savage and have built up a good supply of brass. Planning on a trip to the range tomorrow to give my new 9.3 a test with both factory rounds. Get it on the paper and then work up some good accurate hunting rounds with Swift A-frames and Woodleigh's. Your plan for the ruger 77 sounds like a great idea(y) Look forward to seeing pic's of the finished project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg