7x65r anyone?

OP, sorry about the thread hijack. I seem to have offended a member and until I know why I should back off I guess. If my offensive post could be pointed out I would be happy to amend it.
I just checked this thread after a day or two thinking “wow more info on the 7x65r!” LOL!!!
 
Well,,, the person offended and I have exchanged PM's and its my hope that we can move on and remain Sympatico. A misunderstanding I guess..

My offending post follows. "Its an early Euro version of commercial action and rifle. There has been quite a number of these on GB of late in various calibers. (((( Lucky you saw that and I didn't or you would not now own it:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D(y).)))))) I would have snagged that puppy right up! Were it me I would leave the bolt alone and shoot it as is, and changing the bolt out would be a potential problem as regards headspace. It might be fine, it might not. Dont assume it will be OK." I have now added smiley's to it that might have avoided this little dustup.
 
Well,,, the person offended and I have exchanged PM's and its my hope that we can move on and remain Sympatico. A misunderstanding I guess..

My offending post follows. "Its an early Euro version of commercial action and rifle. There has been quite a number of these on GB of late in various calibers. (((( Lucky you saw that and I didn't or you would not now own it:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D(y).)))))) I would have snagged that puppy right up! Were it me I would leave the bolt alone and shoot it as is, and changing the bolt out would be a potential problem as regards headspace. It might be fine, it might not. Dont assume it will be OK." I have now added smiley's to it that might have avoided this little dustup.
.....I’m highly confused as to how that could be taken in any way as offensive lol
 
Well he did.:(
 
Here is my Merkel SL II 7x65r / 20-76, one of my favourite hunting guns. It's a 90's gun,accurate like a good bolt gun.

We have overlapping seasons for whitetail and roe deer and wood grouse and other birds,hare...

In the front is a SxS 20/70 Merkel, from the 90's as well. Mod 140 A in 470 NE didn't get out today so it"s not in the pic.

IMG-20220509-185009-543-2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I picked up a like new Heym 55 double rifle in 7x65R. What a nice little double. Have worked up loads for 175gr softs and solids that hit the same POI. Haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet but have shot steel out to 200. At some point going to have JJ mill the top rib for a red dot mount. I am still able to see the irons well but at some point we will all need a bit of help with irons.

7x65.jpg
7x65R.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,915
Members
169,872
Latest member
LanoraKidw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top