Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Nothing
Looking for any information on a custom barrel maker who can produce an octagon 72 caliber rifled black powder barrel in the US. I would like to build a Jaeger and all's I find is 62 caliber. Any suggestions would help.

You might give Track of the Wolf a call, and I did see something about Long Hammock barrels in FL, that make big barrels. Good luck!

October Country Muzzleloaders : http://www.octobercountry.com/. They make everything up to 8 bore. The other option you have is to buy a rifled 12 gauge, unprofiled 1.25" diameter barrel from someplace like pacnor (http://pac-nor.com/) and have a machinist octagon it for you. Then you can get it in a number of different twists as well. Or, if you trust yourself with mill files and you have a lot of time, you could do it yourself. That is how all the frontier rifles were made. Octagon was much easier to get close than a round barrel and if you were off a little bit it wasn't noticable. Best of luck

GOOD LUCK with your project

Getz barrels I would have to say google not sure where to buy anymore. My grandfather has been building muzzleloading rifles for quite some time and is a fan. I have a 50. Flintlock built on one and love it

October country offers rifles up to 4 bore.
I have a .69 from them that is a great rifle.
With 225 grains of 2F it will push a 470 grain round ball 1950 fps
3" groups at 100 yards which is about as good as I can see to shoot with open sights

With nearly 4000 lbs of muzzle energy, that must get your attention!:eek::eek:

Recoil is not that bad. I shot 3 whitetail does with it last weekend , they hated it

22886012_1415237238589000_2400589206658636890_n.jpg

check out nmlra.org classified section for a host of barrel makers, and muzzleloader supply companies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheritaFow

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you