.470 Double on Zebra

filmmaker

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
77
Reaction score
12
Deals & offers
4
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Here's a Zebra hunt with a slight difference. Client used his .470 double which means that one has to get close, less than 80 yards. Not easy in open terrain. Congrats to Stephen Tam of Tam Safaris for an excellent stalk. Sometimes things work out :)!

Here's the video:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
a herd of hunters and cameras hunting a herd of zebras .
nicely done fellas .
 
a herd of hunters and cameras hunting a herd of zebras .
nicely done fellas .

Thank you. Correction, .... lone cameraman :) Wish I had a B-Cam on those hunts!
 
Filmmaker,

Getting close to zebra in any setting is not easy.
I applaud you for this work.
Yours truly has taken a zebra at about 40 paces with a double (.450 No2 NE hammer gun) but it was in a shady thorn forest (refer to my Photos) and it took more than a day or two to get within range of a mature stallion.
Credit for this one goes to my Tracker & PH, as always.
I only follow along quietly, anyone could do my part, even me.

Likewise, I am always impressed with how well zebra can remain on their feet after receiving a substantial gunshot wound like these.
I shot the one I mentioned above, spot on the shoulder, as he was quartering toward us, with a 480 grain soft.
He only staggered, then regained his balance and bolted on three legs with his crew, for a few yards then bashing into a tree trunk.
He was possibly dead a second or two prior to that tree?

I enjoyed you film of the .470 / zebra action.
And, will look forward to more when you get a chance to post.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,232
Members
169,291
Latest member
micimistcu1975
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top