.470 cast

Gareth flanged

AH member
Joined
Jul 7, 2018
Messages
16
Reaction score
17
Media
2
Hi,

I'm having trouble flaring the case neck in a .470 NE so I can get a cast bullet seated.

Does anyone make an expanding die that works at this size?

G
 
I often use a .338 Lapua case to give my bigger BPE cases a little flare. Just do it by hand.
You don't need much to get your cast bullet started
 
Maybe a large hire pistol die would work like a 475 linebaugh or 480 ruger. I isn’t knowing those come with expander dies like the 44 mag and 45 colt dies do.
 
Both Lee and Lyman make neck expanding dies for seating cast bullets but I doubt that they make one specifically for the 470. NOE moulds make neck sizer expander buttons for Lee dies.

Alternatively, you can try to find a machinist to make a suitable sizer expander button to fit these dies.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,608
Members
169,381
Latest member
MylesLac6
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top