470 bonded arrived

JamesJ

AH elite
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
892
Location
Texas, where else.
Deals & offers
140
Media
140
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
2
Another package from Hornady. Now we can get on with testing
IMG_5190.JPG
 
You don't mess around!
 
Looks to be lots of testing coming up!!
 
Shoot um up James!
 
wish a this kinda package would show up at my door (in 500 NE)!

you certainly have some shooting to catch up on.

-matt
 
I hope you're being sponsored by Hornady. ;-)

The cost in the US is a lot less compared to where I'm from, but still...

If i did my math right 140 rounds of facory ammo (Norma PH /w woodleigh 500's) in 470 would set you back the equivalent of about $2600. Hornady - if you can find it - is probably somewhat cheaper but it is still not cheap.

Enjoy your testing! Your shoulder probably will :-)
 
I'm very interested to learn how the DGX Bonded preforms.
 
@cmk those prices almost make me feel bad that i'm going to shoot a bunch of pigs with it....... almost.
Let me know if you need some help, two 470’s shooting pigs won’t wear your Searcy out so fast. Lol
 
I can see a sore shoulder in your future. Have fun!
 
I hope you're being sponsored by Hornady. ;-)

The cost in the US is a lot less compared to where I'm from, but still...

If i did my math right 140 rounds of facory ammo (Norma PH /w woodleigh 500's) in 470 would set you back the equivalent of about $2600. Hornady - if you can find it - is probably somewhat cheaper but it is still not cheap.

Enjoy your testing! Your shoulder probably will :)

in the USA a box of Hornady 470 NE will run between $100-$170 depending on where you buy them. i know ive bought boxes of Hornady 500 NE at $100 a box off gun broker as well as from a clearance sale at my local Cabelas.

-matt
 
Well.. it's still not cheap. And that is why most people who shoot big bores are into reloading, I guess.

Interestingly Norma (domestic) factory ammo is cheaper in the US than back here.

Anyway - really interested in hearing about the DGX bonded performance.

Happy hunting!
 
Damn... I see a sore shoulder in your future!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,813
Members
169,620
Latest member
jun88v4mobi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top