458 Win & 404 Grain Shock Hammer

jwp475

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2021
Messages
415
Reaction score
768
Speer cases 81 grains AA2230 Federal 215 primer under the 404 grain Shock Hammer. Heavily compressed powder charge chronographed 2391 FPS

20220526_131424.jpg
 
Thanks for posting. Is the 404 grain Shock Hammer for the .458 bore (Win Mag)?

AA 2230 works really well with 400 grain .458 Woodleigh's SP. I also use Varget and get near velocities.

Can you explain more on your load development?

That's why I love this site.
 
Thanks for posting. Is the 404 grain Shock Hammer for the .458 bore (Win Mag)?

AA 2230 works really well with 400 grain .458 Woodleigh's SP. I also use Varget and get near velocities.

Can you explain more on your load development?

That's why I love this site.
Yes this bullet was created because of a gentleman in Kentucky specifically wanted a 404 grain with a good BC. He purchased enough that Hammer produced. Others such as myself have also purchased these bullets. The front blows of and the pieces follow the shank. A bullet that produces a tremendous amount of trauma
 
Not a shock hammer but CEB working with same principle. Entrance is the big hole, exiting is the smaller. You can see some of the fragmented petals on the off side. Devastating design.
Snapchat-1250429318.jpg
Snapchat-2111291400.jpg
 
Not a shock hammer but CEB working with same principle. Entrance is the big hole, exiting is the smaller. You can see some of the fragmented petals on the off side. Devastating design.View attachment 468250View attachment 468251
Exit of a 220 grain Hammer Hunter out of a 35 Whelen. Velocity 2911 FPS, deer shot at 190 yards
20211027_102227.jpg


The petals on the Hammer bullets follow along with the shank and do tremendous damage all the way through
 
Exit of a 220 grain Hammer Hunter out of a 35 Whelen. Velocity 2911 FPS, deer shot at 190 yards
View attachment 468288

The petals on the Hammer bullets follow along with the shank and do tremendous damage all the way through
Appreciate the pictures, of the real ballistic effect. I looked up Hammer Hunter Bullets and am impressed with their ideas, manufacturing and field test results.
I'm buying some for my .35 Whelens (3). Impressive terminal ballistics.
 
Appreciate the pictures, of the real ballistic effect. I looked up Hammer Hunter Bullets and am impressed with their ideas, manufacturing and field test results.
I'm buying some for my .35 Whelens (3). Impressive terminal ballistics.
I have some of the .458 404 grain Shock Hammers. The tests that @michael458 did, certainly shows that they penetrate Far above their weight class compared to conventional bullet designs, and the wound channel should be impressive. The bullet performance along with a bc over .400 adds to the flexibility of the 458's.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,451
Messages
1,576,546
Members
170,600
Latest member
EricTze14
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top