458 Lott Loads

I actually agree with Phoenix Phil. If Buffalo is the biggest of the big five on your next safari, then you could definitely look at the 450gr soft or CPS from North Fork. As he stated, you can't practically drive them fast enough for them to fail. You will then get penetration "a-plenty" with the added benefit of a little more hydrostatic shock. I honestly feel that the transfer of the kinetic energy or what I refer to as "shock" contributes greatly to "stunning" the animal, which creates additional time for a follow up shot should one be needed.
That load would be hell on lion as well... Honestly, if you shoot it well, I am an advocate of a "one gun" safari.

Also, as noted above: Yes, last few safaris were with Cedric's Cape to Cairo. No complaints. Johan "Joe" Botha and Willie were PHs for me on those two trips. Both will be shooting NF bullets this year after seeing mine in action.

Joe is expecting another kid soon. Hopefully he'll be up and running by July.
 
Final note: If you decide to try some 450gr NF, look for some data with Varget as stated above. No good for the 500gr, but once you get less diameter or a little lighter, that powder shines. As states above, it's also in the Extreme line of powders.
Still tough to find. If you get in a total bind, I have some I could send to at least get you through a safari.
 
Also, as noted above: Yes, last few safaris were with Cedric's Cape to Cairo. No complaints. Johan "Joe" Botha and Willie were PHs for me on those two trips. Both will be shooting NF bullets this year after seeing mine in action.

Joe is expecting another kid soon. Hopefully he'll be up and running by July.

Joe is wanting me to send him Raptors now as well. He did mention how impressed he was with NF though while we were getting my Buff. Hell we should send him a box of each and then see what he is using when we go back, Lol.. In any case, both bullets are great in my book. Can't go wrong with either one!
 
@buy-a-donkey I like loads with Varget. I am sitting on at least 6 pounds of it. I have used it in 204,223/556, 223WSSM, 243, and 308 with great success.
 
@buy-a-donkey I like loads with Varget. I am sitting on at least 6 pounds of it. I have used it in 204,223/556, 223WSSM, 243, and 308 with great success.


Well then, I guess I won't offer you any of my stash after all! :)
 
I was getting ready to offer you some Varget...but yeah, it looks like you are ok!
 
OK what is up with Northfork? I went on their site to order some sample packs as they are on sale. When I went to check out the sale price was not reflected when it was time to pay. I sent an email to them so hopefully it gets fixed and I can order some boolits from them.

I now have some IMR 4895, Varget, and TAC powders for load development. Now I must wait on dies and brass from Midway USA and "industrial test weights".
 
OK what is up with Northfork? I went on their site to order some sample packs as they are on sale. When I went to check out the sale price was not reflected when it was time to pay. I sent an email to them so hopefully it gets fixed and I can order some boolits from them.

I now have some IMR 4895, Varget, and TAC powders for load development. Now I must wait on dies and brass from Midway USA and "industrial test weights".

I know they had a sale recently, but I thought it was over. Whatever the case, you'll likely get a reply to your email tomorrow evening. They are a small company and the gents there work different jobs during the day and then come into NF in the evening, so likely they won't see the email till tomorrow evening.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,293
Members
169,735
Latest member
UweHurtado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top