AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada, USA
Hey guys and gals

Looking for reduced loads for 458 Lott using cast (lead) bullets. Rifle is made by Montana arms. 24" bbl 1/14 twist. Looked through some of the previous posts about 458 Lott but didn't see anything really about reduced loads. Located in Canada. Have a 465gr bullet mold on order
Thx

I sorted a load for a friend Lott so he could shoot pigs out to 50 yds or so. Not a barn burner but it really kills well.
I was limited by the cast bullet being plain based but it works quite well so saw no need to up the anti.
Lee 457-450 F (lapped out to .461 for sizing to .459) and cast soft in 50-50 (ww/Pb) over 18gn red dot it would keep 10-15 shots inside 3 in at 50 yds which is plenty for the pigs. If you have a GC bullet then a blue dot loading would increase the velocity somewhat. I have had a great deal of success with blue dot in cartridges as small as the fireball case for my 20 VarTarg up to the 404 Jeffery. There are very strict parameters for load work but it is a great powder if you want to go there..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross