458 Lott Cast Bullet Loads

8x68

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
697
Reaction score
665
Location
Ontario, Canada
Media
12
Hunted
Canada, USA
Hey guys and gals

Looking for reduced loads for 458 Lott using cast (lead) bullets. Rifle is made by Montana arms. 24" bbl 1/14 twist. Looked through some of the previous posts about 458 Lott but didn't see anything really about reduced loads. Located in Canada. Have a 465gr bullet mold on order
Thx
 
I sorted a load for a friend Lott so he could shoot pigs out to 50 yds or so. Not a barn burner but it really kills well.
I was limited by the cast bullet being plain based but it works quite well so saw no need to up the anti.
Lee 457-450 F (lapped out to .461 for sizing to .459) and cast soft in 50-50 (ww/Pb) over 18gn red dot it would keep 10-15 shots inside 3 in at 50 yds which is plenty for the pigs. If you have a GC bullet then a blue dot loading would increase the velocity somewhat. I have had a great deal of success with blue dot in cartridges as small as the fireball case for my 20 VarTarg up to the 404 Jeffery. There are very strict parameters for load work but it is a great powder if you want to go there..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,196
Members
169,930
Latest member
nzaltburn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top