Johnny reb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA- buckmasters
Whats everyone's thoughts on the round? How much difference between it and any of the 416s

My thoughts are it's in between the 375 H&H and one of many 416's. I like wish it was easier to find than the 416 stuff.

I love it's ballistics...mines going to be in a double...should be a helluva buff gun. 400 gr should be plenty. 416's are usually faster though.

I had a ruger number one in 450/400 for a while and it was an excellent caliber. Plenty of power but not a ton of recoil. I didn't get a chance to use it on any game but I'm sure it would have performed wonderfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.