4457 Time To Complete?

I completed my own forms (5 of them) before my first safari and they used all of them. They lined out some blank space on the form,signed, and stamped them and I was out of there in 20 minutes.

+1 .... Make a few color copies and laminate them. They're good for as long as you have your firearms.

@Buff-Buster
Are you saying that if one travels to Africa a second time (or anywhere else outside the US) with the same gun/scope combo that you get registered on a form 4457, that it can be used indefinitely and not just the year it was issued?

@Buff-Buster
Are you saying that if one travels to Africa a second time (or anywhere else outside the US) with the same gun/scope combo that you get registered on a form 4457, that it can be used indefinitely and not just the year it was issued?

Yes the 4457 is good till you sell the firearm or you past on......

@Buff-Buster
Yes sir. I got a 4457 on my .338 Win Mag in 2004. I have used the same form on two other safaris since then. I have also done this with other rifles taken to Africa, Canada and Argentina. All the 4457 is for is to document that you TOOK the rifle out of the country and did not purchase it out of the country and are bringing it in.

Wow, good to know! Thanks Buff-Buster and Robert for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!