404 Finally Finished!

You can guess how I know this.

I know exactly how you know this...

My wife loved her 243 until she figured out she really liked one of my 308's too....

Then she figured out 308 really doesnt produce any recoil at all.. she could handle a 35 whelen...

and now she has learned that a .375 isnt really all that much of a step up from her 35 whelen....

so guess whose 375 H&H is about to become his wife's 375 H&H?

latest

Somehow she has used the same trick to end up with one of my glock 19's, one of my AR15's, and a couple of my other favorite toys too....

you gotta watch women.. they is sneaky like that.... :)

Attachments

• This-guy.jpg
    This-guy.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 247
Mdwest, lucky you. Your wife's desire to shoot larger more powerful rifles enables you to always get something bigger. I don't know how you pulled that one off, but I surely wouldn't complain too loudely.

Pretty rifle! Hopefully the original owner got to play with it before he passed.

I know exactly how you know this...

My wife loved her 243 until she figured out she really liked one of my 308's too....

Then she figured out 308 really doesnt produce any recoil at all.. she could handle a 35 whelen...

and now she has learned that a .375 isnt really all that much of a step up from her 35 whelen....

so guess whose 375 H&H is about to become his wife's 375 H&H?

Somehow she has used the same trick to end up with one of my glock 19's, one of my AR15's, and a couple of my other favorite toys too....

you gotta watch women.. they is sneaky like that.... :)

A wife who REALLY likes to shoot...we should all have such problems.
As for her continuing to upgrade to another one of your guns...time to get another one...still not seeing the problem.

You need AZDAVE for a friend.

@mdwest AZDAVE always seems to have something you "need"! Be sure not to give the wife his name!!!! Or you'll be like Bullthrower, always seems to have guns which he doesn't know where they came from!

Just now seeing this, so a late congratulations! Rifle looks really good!

Alright! Here is how she shoots. With my 235 self and, as a special bonus, my 80lb wife!

I am duly impressed by your wife!

For an 80lb person to even be able to hold that rifle up like that is impressive.

But to be willing to shoot it? My hat is off!

I am trying to picture my son's 90 pound girlfriend shooting even a .308 and I am struggling!

Another bride who shows interest in firearms, love it.
Well done, both of you.

Mdwest, lucky you. Your wife's desire to shoot larger more powerful rifles enables you to always get something bigger. I don't know how you pulled that one off, but I surely wouldn't complain too loudely.

There is some truth to that..

Her wanting my 375H&H is what lead to me being given her blessing to build a 416 Taylor..

And now she is thinking she might want "her own" 375 H&H.. so there is at least some possibility I wont have to cut the stock on mine (her LOP is almost 3" shorter than mine)..

If I am fortunate.. I MAY end up with a 375 in the safe.. AND a 416 :)

@mdwest AZDAVE always seems to have something you "need"! Be sure not to give the wife his name!!!! Or you'll be like Bullthrower, always seems to have guns which he doesn't know where they came from!

Ain't that the truth! Had lunch with Dave a few days ago and he's got me near convinced to build a 470 Capstick on my BBK-02 haha. Might need help from someone with QL to check a few loads before I commit

Thanks for sharing the range session! Kudos to your wife!

Hi there, I'm the wife! Thank you for your compliment! It was pretty exhilarating firing that .404. Talk about a mini cannon!
That rifle would be much more comfortable for you to shoot if the stock were fit better to your body.
I know it's not your rifle and having a stock custom fit probably isn't in the cards for this rifle.
However...down the line...you know you can handle the recoil...
Maybe time for a new project rifle build?

That rifle would be much more comfortable for you to shoot if the stock were fit better to your body.
I know it's not your rifle and having a stock custom fit probably isn't in the cards for this rifle.
However...down the line...you know you can handle the recoil...
Maybe time for a new project rifle build?

I know you are enablers but I didn't expect that! She shoots my .375 very well already, I keep trying to convince her that we could get one customized but she isn't sure there is a "Big 5" animal that she want's enough to justify the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongduongcomvn

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois