400H&H dies

Kiwifire111

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
458
Location
Canberra, Australia
Media
8
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
2
I have finagot to the point of taking my 400H&H Ruger No1 to the range.
I have a set I f CH4DDies and use a Lee collett crimp die.
I started to wonder about neck sizing the cases.
I called a good friend who shoots a beautiful Double in 450-400 3 inch.
He said he has a neck dies suitable for his .411 cases, but as he has just moved house, everything is cardboard boxes
Does anyone know a manufacturer that either makes one, or a similar product that could be modified by a toomaker friend to do the job.
My idea was to the resize ball of a .375H&H neck die replace it with. 411 ball, either bought or made by BJ for the job, and ream the area that sizes the neck to the appropriate size.
My brass is manufactured by Bertram here in Australia and very rare and expensive , so I'd like to prolong its serviceable life to the maximum.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
Mal Garner,
Canberra, Australia.
kiwifire111@gmail.com
PS, watch this space for sight in and loads development progress after Tuesday AEST.
 
Thank you for your quick response, I was looking everywhere and couldn't find anything!! Even on the CH4D Website.
After reading your post I looked again to no avail, then I decided to use my Ipad instead of my phone and bingo there it was!! Phone screens don't show all the info!!
A message has already been sent via their contact page, so the ball has been kicked.

Many thanks again,
Mal.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,239
Members
169,289
Latest member
ShoshanaR4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top