375 Ruger Fan Intro

thanks for the info. any chance of a photo ?
spike.t It looks like this. I grabbed one a couple of years ago when I heard that Ruger was discontinuing them. I too wanted the 23" barrel, I enjoy the extra velocity.
HPIM0309.JPG
 
jduckhunter..........yep, looks just like mine. Maybe even the same scope, I have the Leupold VX-3, 1.5x5x20. I just don't have the custom rifle rest, like the one your rifle is leaning on. I'm working on it though.
 
jduckhunter..........yep, looks just like mine. Maybe even the same scope, I have the Leupold VX-3, 1.5x5x20. I just don't have the custom rifle rest, like the one your rifle is leaning on. I'm working on it though.
You'll get one some day, like you said earlier we were close to them every day, close enough to smell them and a couple of times close enough to hear them breathing and their belly growling. But they always liked to lay up in the thickest vegetation they could find, we just couldn't see them. But one day I got lucky and a lone bull strolled by while we were glassing a herd trying to find a bull to shoot. I still can't say that it was easy though because we tracked that herd for over 7 miles before they stopped to rest. It was a very satisfying experience once it was over though and one that I know that you will experience for yourself one day.
Oh and by the way welcome to the forum!
 
welcome to AH
 
375 Ruger, Great all around cartridge for Africa. My preference however is the 416 Ruger. Overkill for plains game, but well suited for Buffalo or bigger.
 
Welcome to AH 375 Ruger Fan!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,185
Members
169,922
Latest member
bulllawbmipet1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top