375 Ruger Fan Intro

thanks for the info. any chance of a photo ?
spike.t It looks like this. I grabbed one a couple of years ago when I heard that Ruger was discontinuing them. I too wanted the 23" barrel, I enjoy the extra velocity.
HPIM0309.JPG

jduckhunter..........yep, looks just like mine. Maybe even the same scope, I have the Leupold VX-3, 1.5x5x20. I just don't have the custom rifle rest, like the one your rifle is leaning on. I'm working on it though.

jduckhunter..........yep, looks just like mine. Maybe even the same scope, I have the Leupold VX-3, 1.5x5x20. I just don't have the custom rifle rest, like the one your rifle is leaning on. I'm working on it though.
You'll get one some day, like you said earlier we were close to them every day, close enough to smell them and a couple of times close enough to hear them breathing and their belly growling. But they always liked to lay up in the thickest vegetation they could find, we just couldn't see them. But one day I got lucky and a lone bull strolled by while we were glassing a herd trying to find a bull to shoot. I still can't say that it was easy though because we tracked that herd for over 7 miles before they stopped to rest. It was a very satisfying experience once it was over though and one that I know that you will experience for yourself one day.
Oh and by the way welcome to the forum!

welcome to AH

375 Ruger, Great all around cartridge for Africa. My preference however is the 416 Ruger. Overkill for plains game, but well suited for Buffalo or bigger.

Welcome to AH 375 Ruger Fan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquieLon

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.