375 H&H Mag scope

Scott

Reaction score
Member of
APHA, SCI
Hunted
Alaskan Peninsula, Kodiak Island
I put a Leica 2.5-10x42 on mine with the #1 reticle. I am very, very happy with the setup.

I have the same setup, it works very well, highly recommend to bring the full versatility out of this caliber - just be careful to get enough eye relief.

shauno

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Have a 1.5-6X42 Schmidt&Bender on my Model 70 375H&H, favorite gun, killed from Springbok to Cape Buffalo with it, from 30 yards to 200. Deadly combination.

Thats the scope Ive ordered to go with my 375

Meat78

Reaction score
Hunted
Canada
Thanks everyone for the advice. I did finally find my 375 H&H, I purchased the Winchester Model 70 Safari Express and put a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10 on it for all around use. After looking at the advice that was given here and the fact that it will not be used for dangerous game in the near future this seemed to be a good combination. I have only shot it a few times so far but it is a pleasure to shoot and I cannot wait to take it hunting!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Good luck with your shooting practice.
I'll be interested to read your reports over time on how the Zeiss does on the 375.

bassasdaindia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a 3x9 and it it sufficient,I am however fitting a 4.5x14x40 now,you don't say what you will be hunting in Africa but I assume you will be shooting plains game as well as big game.

remember the PH will have a back up rifle in case you need to make that close shot.

my suggestion go with a minimum of 3x9

good luck.

rnovi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, HFMA, and a Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Hunted
South Africa, Texas, Alaska - hey, they count. Trust me!
I have the same setup, it works very well, highly recommend to bring the full versatility out of this caliber - just be careful to get enough eye relief.

Actually Eye Relief was exactly one of the reasons I went for this scope. It quotes a full 4" of eye relief through out its range. Even on 10x I've never come close to scoping myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockTitne

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?