375 H&H Mag scope

I put a Leica 2.5-10x42 on mine with the #1 reticle. I am very, very happy with the setup.

I have the same setup, it works very well, highly recommend to bring the full versatility out of this caliber - just be careful to get enough eye relief.
 
Have a 1.5-6X42 Schmidt&Bender on my Model 70 375H&H, favorite gun, killed from Springbok to Cape Buffalo with it, from 30 yards to 200. Deadly combination.

Thats the scope Ive ordered to go with my 375
 
Thanks everyone for the advice. I did finally find my 375 H&H, I purchased the Winchester Model 70 Safari Express and put a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10 on it for all around use. After looking at the advice that was given here and the fact that it will not be used for dangerous game in the near future this seemed to be a good combination. I have only shot it a few times so far but it is a pleasure to shoot and I cannot wait to take it hunting!
 
Good luck with your shooting practice.
I'll be interested to read your reports over time on how the Zeiss does on the 375.
 
I have a 3x9 and it it sufficient,I am however fitting a 4.5x14x40 now,you don't say what you will be hunting in Africa but I assume you will be shooting plains game as well as big game.

remember the PH will have a back up rifle in case you need to make that close shot.

my suggestion go with a minimum of 3x9

good luck.
 
I have the same setup, it works very well, highly recommend to bring the full versatility out of this caliber - just be careful to get enough eye relief.

Actually Eye Relief was exactly one of the reasons I went for this scope. It quotes a full 4" of eye relief through out its range. Even on 10x I've never come close to scoping myself.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,370
Members
169,546
Latest member
MariaCross
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top