.358 Win optimal barrel length

*I too got the highest velocities (and superior accuracy) in a 22" .350 Rem Mag using TAC.
Not to derail the thread on 358 Win, if you want eye watering loads in 350 RemMag try MR2000 with 225’s!
 
Here it is with the newly shortened barrel (20") after I put it all together. This is on a Savage 'Lady Hunter' short action that has a slimmer wrist in the stock, shorter length of pull and high comb. I played with a couple of different scopes and mounts, but I think I like the Leupold backcountry 1 piece ringmounts the best so far in this application. .The weight comes out to 8.3 pounds with the scope and all, so hopefully it's a nice balance of reasonable weight and recoil attenuation for the wife.

20210425_090233.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,858
Members
170,404
Latest member
DerrickRed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top