300wm rifle scope

We have two 300WM's, one for each of us. My wife likes a little extra magnification and uses a Swaro Z8i 2-16x50 and mine is a Swaro Z8i 1.7-13.3x42.

Both are rail scopes in Contessa QD mounts for use on our Blaser Rifles. Turrets are covered and the reticle is illuminated to help find the crosshairs in low light on a dark animal. Might be a little heavy for your needs but the glass is AMAZING.

1713550824162.png

Last edited:
i have a zeiss v4 4-16x44 from redhawk on mine. Probably the best deal there is and perfect for a 300

Leupolds are on sale right now I just ordered a vx-3hd 3.5-10x40 twilight hunter firedot this morning for $599.
Good scope. It's what I have on my .300:WM. To me, any scope was th a bell I've 40-44mm and power over 12x is just "top heavy" on a hunting rifle.

We have two 300WM's, one for each of us. My wife likes a little extra magnification and uses a Swaro Z8i 2-16x50 and mine is a Swaro Z8i 1.7-13.3x42.

Both are rail scopes in Contessa QD mounts for use on our Blaser Rifles. Turrets are covered and the reticle is illuminated to help find the crosshairs in low light on a dark animal. Might be a little heavy for your needs but the glass is AMAZING.

View attachment 600269
Two of my favorites. I have been extremely happy with the Z8i line.

Two of my favorites. I have been extremely happy with the Z8i line.
I also have the Z8i 1-8x24 for my 375H&H. I really like the 4A-IF reticle too. We have the same reticle on all the scopes.

Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3x42
Leupold VX-6HD 2-12X42 CDS-ZL2 ILLUM. FIREDOT DUPLEX

Both offer turret options allowing you to set elevation for loads. The Swarovski is the better of the two in glass, ease of turret set up and customization. (I own and use both)

You can also use something like a Mark 4HD 2.5-10X42 FFP. Chose a reticle. (I own multiples of Mark 5HDs) Downside is they are heavy for stalking hunting rifles.

Honest, set your zero to 100 or 200 and dial your dope for elevation and wind or use the reticle.

I like the Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 with turrets. I have it on several of mine.

I'm a huge Leupold fan, I love the lightest weight scope I can find, Leupold's fit the bill.

I have a 300wm with a nightforce nx8 4-32x on it. getting the itch to swap the scope out. Looking for ideas.
Needs to be tough, for horseback travel, utv/atv and overseas .
like it to be lighter,
needs to have good light transmission.
I like to be able to dial it up for shots out to 700yards. Even though I wont shoot at game past 500.
leaning towards a Leupold 4-14 cds /zl but throw some ideas at me.
Leupold CDS 4-14x40 is what I have on my .300win and I love it.

Zeiss v6 3-18 is about perfect.
Leupold vx5 or 6 in the similar power range is awesome too.

These are awesome modern hunting scopes.
I have a March 3-24x52 on my CA .300 WM, it is about 10oz lighter than a NF I think.

I’ve had no wants from a Swaro Z6 1.7-10 on my 300 win mag. It’s been used on whitetail and plains game, so no shots beyond 250yds to date, and I don’t anticipate using it further. Just picked up a Z6i for a 308 win for a blackbear hunt in Alaska in September, I’ll likely swap this scope to the 300 win mag should the leopard hunt I’m plotting for 2027 come to fruition.

Leupold vx3 all the way. I have 3 2 4.5-14x40,a 50L and a 3.5x10. Made carrying a rifle 2-3 miles a day in SA an easy task. Have had great success with the cds system and can wholeheartedly endorse it on shots out to 300. Light, precise, great glass. What else do you need. Yhanks

Leupold VX5 HD 3-15. I have a VX6 3-18, a Nightforce NXS compact 2.5-10x40 and a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 FFP.

I’m putting a Leupold VX5HD 3-15 on the 6.5 PRC barrel for my Blaser R8, a VX6HD 2-12 on the 375, and the VX6 I already have on the 223. think it’s a great performer at a reasonable weight for much less than the Swarovski Z8i line. I’m very happy with the glass on Leupold and like the CDS ZL2 locking turret. It’s about half the price of the Swarovski around here and durability, reliability, and quality of the VX5/6 line are excellent.

I’m a big fan of the Leupold VX5 HD in the 3-15x44, firedot, CDS. I have this scope on quite a few rifles, including two 300 Win Mags. They have preformed well for me.

I put a Tangent Theta 3-15x50 Hunter on my main 300wm hunting rifle. It weighs 27oz, has field adjustable locking turrets by just lifting the turret up and they won't accidently move while in a scabbard or strapped to a pack. First focal reticle that is a simple mildot design for hunting.
Not cheap but it is the best!
20220615_160457.jpg

Attachments

• Tangent Theta Model TT315H Long Range Hunter Series 3-15x50mm MRAD Riflescope 800102-0304 For ...pdf
    724 KB · Views: 2
I think anything over a 10x or 12x really isn’t necessary.
I've found 14-18x quite helpful for longer shots (i.e. 450-750 yds), which the 300WM is more than capable of. But NOT 20x-25x and up unless a varmint rifle shooting at 3-4" targets way out.

What 300 WM rifle??? What ammo.? What are you hunting? I'd not put an overly-expensive scope on some factory black plastic/painted thing with no work. For high quality semi-custom 300 WM there are many BDC reticle or turret scopes out there to fit the bill. Burris Veracity 3-15x (you're covered for drop and windage out to about 800 yds if sighted for 200.) I find their reticles better than L (thinner for more precise aiming and less covering up of targets at distance, plus windage dots.) Z and S, S&B all very fine too, perhaps on a fully-custom rig using perfected handloads for Sheep, Ibex. How much did you want to spend?

What 300 WM rifle??? What ammo.? What are you hunting? I'd not put an overly-expensive scope on some factory black plastic/painted thing with no work. For high quality semi-custom 300 WM there are many BDC reticle or turret scopes out there to fit the bill. Burris Veracity 3-15x (you're covered for drop and windage out to about 800 yds if sighted for 200.) I find their reticles better than L (thinner for more precise aiming and less covering up of targets at distance, plus windage dots.) Z and S, S&B all very fine too, perhaps on a fully-custom rig using perfected handloads for Sheep, Ibex. How much did you want to spend?
300wm Christensen arms ridgeline. Handloads, shoots 1/2moa out 700 yards with 180 barnes tsx. shoots just as well with 210 berger vldh out a touch past 1000. The NX8 night force does great for targets. I am looking for alternative for hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.