.30-06 host gun ideas

I have a Model 70 in .375 H&H. Was going to use go make a .404 or .470 but it shoots so well, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. lol
Aha, well then maybe consider the remington 760/7600 in 35 whelen. Fast handling, wonderfully accurate ( in the examples i uave owned or tested) and reasonably priced. Then you can sell the model 70 to me

I have considered the 7mm-.375 Ruger. I’m also interested in what it would be as a straight walled case w OAL to fit in a standard action. Prob been done, I’m just not aware of it.

Since I joined here, I think I’ve added 14 or 15 rifles to my safe. That’s no exaggeration. Everything from .500 Jeffery to .22 Hornet. It’s pretty much not my fault...

+1

as others have said...those are fine choices for non-mag medium

338-06
35 W
9.3x62
9.3x64 (with the aforementioned bolt mod)

for the first 3, there's almost zero difference in ballistics when shooting 250 gr bullets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!