30-06 180 Swift Scirocco II and A-Frame Loads?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by shootist~, Nov 7, 2019.

1. shootist~

shootist~ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
    Hunted:
    USA, Mexico
    Thanks, Areaonerel.
    It would be logical for me to start about there with the 180 A-Frames and also load some a little deeper (sense I've already tried shorter).

My 180 Scirocco load is a done deal at .087 off the lands. Just need to get the A-Frame load to an acceptable level and then decide which to take. Maye both.

Good to know about switching from ABs to Sciroccos with no issues as well. I go the other direction (from Swift to a Hornady 150 gr FMJ practice load) with no issues.

2. shootist~

shootist~ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
    Hunted:
    USA, Mexico
    Thanks for the suggestion, Areaonereal.

I tried some 200 gr Nosler Partitions this morning - using RL22 and subbing in a mag primer, based on recommendations (for RL22) on the 24 hr campfire site.

Holy smokes, was expecting to get about 2,600 fps with the 22.4" Tikka, but the last two, of five loaded at 57.5 grains, did 2,673. This is a half grain below Alliant's "book" max, (albeit book is with a std WLR primer). Three at 109 yds did a little better than MOA, so they will definitely get another look.