215 Federal Magnum Primers..haven't seen them in Canada for over a year! Tips? Help needed

charlieB12345

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
215 Federal Magnum Primers..haven't seen them in Canada for over a year! Tips? Help needed

Some recently showed up for sale here in the US. Been almost non existent here for a couple of years too. If the on-line companies won't ship to Canada, then you'll need to either make a trip south of the border yourself or find someone coming N that you can get them from.
For instance I'm coming to Canada bear hunting Aug. If you were close enough to my destination or route of travel I could bring some assuming they become available for purchase.
The other thing to consider is other primer brands. Again I've seen notifications on other forums of them being available. Good luck.
Bruce

While they are showing up I suggest that you find what is available to you for loading your own rounds.
I made the rounds last weekend of a few shops within 60 miles of me and none of them had any 215's, a couple had some off brands and none had what I use which is the CCI's. But I still have a good supply of primers.

I have learned from past shortages to keep a good supply and to buy a carton when they are available.

Some recently showed up for sale here in the US. Been almost non existent here for a couple of years too. If the on-line companies won't ship to Canada, then you'll need to either make a trip south of the border yourself or find someone coming N that you can get them from.
For instance I'm coming to Canada bear hunting Aug. If you were close enough to my destination or route of travel I could bring some assuming they become available for purchase.
The other thing to consider is other primer brands. Again I've seen notifications on other forums of them being available. Good luck.
Bruce
Where abouts yeah hunting?

Hate to say it and I had to do it but gunbroker was the only place I found them consistently and yes I paid a high price but got them

Magnum rifle primers are harder to find than true love these days.

I got on the midway list for every brand of magnum primer I could. Waited a few months and got notified that Winchester were in stock. Got 1000; they sold out within a few hours. Federal sold out before
I even opened the email.

My suggestion is to sign up for every waitlist you can and check your email often. I wouldn't be picky about brand until
and unless this primer drought passes.

Rifle magazine tested all of the major manufacturer's primers a few years ago and determined that Winchester large rifle magnum primers were hotter than the Federal 215. If you can find any of those it could help.
Good to know,

I have a lot more WLRM primers than Federal 215. I just bought all what I could locally.

Could not agree more but now I do not ever have to worry about primers again for the rest of my days…just don’t want that extra stress in life…when I reload bullets I have no stress of brass, primers, bullets or powder so worth the money to me even though I had to hold my nose when I bought

Could not agree more but now I do not ever have to worry about primers again for the rest of my days…just don’t want that extra stress in life…when I reload bullets I have no stress of brass, primers, bullets or powder so worth the money to me even though I had to hold my nose when I bought
I'm not judging, I paid 1k for 5k primers several years ago. People thought I was crazy then. Unfortunately it doesn't take me long to burn through them.

And here I thought that the price I paid several years ago was bad.

Good thing I still have 1500 left

20240326_180709.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked for you…$500 for 1,000 on GB is the best I found
Visited 2 LGSs today. At one I picked up 8 pound jug of IMR4227 for $269.95 and past on the 4 pound jug of Alliant #9 for $169.95.
At the second I saw 1000 CT bricks of the following primers: 209, 209 mag, 215, LR, SR, LP, LPM, 41 or 34 MIL. Prices ranged from (rounded to next whole dollar) $103.00 to $140.00.

Guess I ought to go back tomorrow to pick up various bricks of primers and jugs of various powders to list on GB to pay for my 2025 safaris.

And here I thought that the price I paid several years ago was bad.

Good thing I still have 1500 left
Although I still have several 1000ct block of various size primers I purchased for $28.00 to $32.00 per block and several new blocks of LR, LP, SP, and 209 primers I purchased a few months ago at under $90.00 per 1000ct..

I've come to believe in these days; There's no such thing as having too many, or too much, of any reloading component for one's needs to reload ammo for their weapons.

Try finding Reloader 16. I just paid almost $550 before tax for an 8lb jug ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you