2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

Trying to register for the convention and have some stupid questions: Wife and I both need to register and get SCI memberships, correct? Also, what about bringing the kids? Is it worth bringing the kids? Do they need to be members or just have the passes?

Thanks in advance

Trying to register for the convention and have some stupid questions: Wife and I both need to register and get SCI memberships, correct? Also, what about bringing the kids? Is it worth bringing the kids? Do they need to be members or just have the passes?

Thanks in advance
Wife and kids do not need to be members. There is a guest option after you register but before you pay, if I remember correctly.

I am a life member, but my wife has never been. No problem getting at least a partner pass with your membership, I don’t know if you can get a few extras for kids though.

In Europe there‘s only one good show and that’s in Dortmund but even there the number of foreign outfitters and country’s is very limited. Because I’m doing some research for new hunting trips (Alaska, BC, Zambia, Zimbabwe) I was wondering if the conventions of SCI or DSC are bigger and have more to offer than Dortmund.
I’ve to fly in from the Netherlands so that’s quite a trip in itself.
Hi Mark,

Hard to say if they’re bigger than Dortmund, someone might know. I’ve attended both DSC and SCI in recent years, and can report that both are very big and complete. Between them, I think SCI has more daily informational forums if that’s your thing, and the evening banquets and entertainment are much better at the SCI convention, no question. Nashville and Dallas are great locations, and for travel from Europe, maybe a Dallas nonstop is easier?
Either convention will not disappoint. Their sheer sizes and completeness are impressive. Safe travels!

Neither Nancy nor I "get" Vegas. We are excited about going to Nashville. Will probably generate a lot of other DSC membership to attend as well.

Same here. Would never go to Vegas, but will try to do at least a day in Nashville.

Question: To attend the SCI convention, do you have to be a member of SCI? It seems like I recall someone stating the difference between SCI and DSC conventions is DSC is open to the public while SCI is a members only deal. I've never had a yearning to join SCI, especially after the Cecil the Lion fiasco and throwing one of their own members under the bus before the facts were known.
I am a member but my non hunting wife is not…no problem getting her a ticket.

I know there is a thread on a get together but cant find it?

I know there is a thread on a get together but cant find it?

The Beretta banquet was amazing last night. Everything is set for the show to open at 10AM today. I helped check in with some of the vendors as they were moving in and setting up. This is a very neat venue and will be a great show!

does any body know what the carry policy is at the music city center?

Carry! TN is a constitutional carry state

Didn’t know that! Was that in the last few years?
As of 2021

Carry! TN is a constitutional carry state
Thanks I planned on carrying just didn't know if I needed go iwb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!