1st hunt Namibia

bcoving

Reaction score
Starting to plan my first hunt to Namibia. Looking for a free range concession outfitter. So far have Khomas Highland and Kowas on the list. Having trouble just searching for these types of places online. Got those two off this sight. If anybody could just list places like those I can look into I would be thankful. Will be hunting plains game. Kudu at the top of the list.

The Namibia Professional Hunting Association website has a listing of all its members.

Several AH sponsors from Namibia to choose from.

I have hunted with the Strauss family that runs Kowas. Very pleased and great hunting. I have been on 16 hunts in Africa, 2 in Namibia, and these folks run a great hunt. You cannot make a mistake with them.

Kowas has very good kudu and eland along with the other native to Namibia animals. They are very easy to work with as well if you want something special.

Give a shout to Peter up at Erongo Lodge....awesome area up there in the crater - even some Black rhino running around to keep things interesting....and it won't break your bank account.

https://www.erongo-lodge.com/en/

Just returned from hunting with Jamy Traut Safaris today. My third great hunt with them. Took 2 kudu, 2 gemsbok, 2 springbok, Hartmann zebra, giraffe, and a hartebeest.
Be careful when you say concession outfitter. Concessions are large community conservancies or park areas. I think you are likely looking or low fence farms for a first hunt and that’s what most outfitters offer. However, Jamy Traut Safaris has Kaokoland concessions you can hunt a few plains game species and maybe see elephants and lions before transferring for the remainder of your hunt.

We hunted with Kowas in 2022 and are planning to hunt with them again in the future. We have a wonderful experience with them!

Starting to plan my first hunt to Namibia. Looking for a free range concession outfitter. So far have Khomas Highland and Kowas on the list. Having trouble just searching for these types of places online. Got those two off this sight. If anybody could just list places like those I can look into I would be thankful. Will be hunting plains game. Kudu at the top of the list.
I am heading to Khomas Highland safaris in May. I researched at length before deciding. I will say that both of these outfitters came highly recommended to me. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your hunting report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeremiahSt

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double