AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Feast: Dozens of polar bears eat their fill of whale

From a distance they looked like sheep. But there were more than 180 polar bears bouncing along the coast of an Arctic island. Two photographers have experienced a natural drama that no one has ever observed before.

http://www.stern.de/panorama/wissen...essen-friedlich-einen-walkadaver-7658070.html

The original version in German below:

Festmahl: Dutzende Eisbären fressen sich an Wal satt

Aus der Entfernung sahen sie aus wie Schafe. Doch es waren mehr als 180 Eisbären, die sich an der Küste einer arktischen Insel tummelten. Zwei Fotografen haben ein Naturschauspiel erlebt, das noch niemand vorher beobachtet hat.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.40.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.41.01 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks for sharing!

Wow. Keen sense of smell bringing those Bears in from a long distance.

That's a lot of bears!

That's an amazing picture!

I thought there was a shortage of polar bears! Obviously not there!
My guide on Kodiak Island told me the easiest hunt he had done was when a whale had washed up on the beach across the narrow bay from the lodge. He just waited for the largest to show up.

All we hear are lies about how this is endangered and that is endangered and what about global warming? I guess these bears are doing quite well.
Philip

That's a lot of bears!

I for one am happy to see their numbers like this at least on this one island. I hope they eat well and keep the cubs coming.

Polar Bears are like the Grizzlies in Alberta. They claim there are very few, yet the are becoming a nuisance and a problem. This is what happens when the people making the rules about hunting never step out of the office. For the last few years Churchill Manitoba has had a big increase in bears.

How are polar bears and grizzly bears cute? The marine mammal protection act is to blame. Isn’t only allowing alskan natives to hunting mm institutional racism?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeinSavage

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.