ZIMBABWE: WARNING: Hunting With Juan Pace & Lloyd Yeatman - Don't

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Gerry Addison, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada

Lloyd Yeatman knew Juan Pace was NOT licensed to hunt in Zimbabwe and hunted out of the same camp when in fact legally and ethically he should have turned him in to Parks. Lloyd is licensed in Zimbabwe (since 1995) and understands how things work.

Somebody continues to be taken and it is not Lloyd Yeatman.

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Exactly. Hence my request for the explanation.

3. Gerry Addison

Gerry Addison AH Member

Video/Photo:
    I'm not going to speak for Lloyd. That will be up to him to respond or not respond. As I said, I don't agree with everything that was done by Lloyd and I'm not happy that I didn't receive my Zebra, but I do believe he was originally told a "story" by Juan. There are many things about this entire affair that bother me but at least he wrote me and discussed it with me. I believe he is a decent man that made some mistakes because of the situation he was thrust into. He says he no longer has any communication with Juan.

4. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
    Gerry,

There are terrible reports on JP posted on Africa Hunting long before you went on your hunt. Too bad you were not a member back then, this mess could have been avoided.

Another interesting tidbit in this whole sordid affair is I contacted the Outdoor Channel in 2011 to have a conversation about some of JP's activities. They chose to ignore my information and continued some sort of relationship with him, which ultimately cost you.

Wallnutt likes this.

5. Gerry Addison

Gerry Addison AH Member

Video/Photo:
    I honestly didn't know about this site until recently when I joined. I too wish I had known about it, I could have avoided this entire mess. This all happened three years ago and at the time none of my friends were hunting Africa so I was pretty much flying by the seat of my pants. I did check references and of course they all gave a thumbs up. Apparently sometimes JP has a good hunt, especially when in SA where he takes hunters to some good camps that provide the service promised.

jeff likes this.

6. siml

siml AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
    Juan is still in business, advertising elephant today....02/11/2016.

7. Royal27

Royal27 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
    Wheels and siml like this.

8. siml

siml AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
    Just incredible!!

peras likes this.

9. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Advertising all over FB.

10. Patrick R

Patrick R AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    peras likes this.

11. Graham Hunter

Graham Hunter AH Fanatic

Hunted:
    Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
    I had a terrible experience with Lloyd in 07. He was booking thru Jeff Blair of Blairworld at that time. He is good at making himself look humble when the s##t hits the fan but don't believe it. Lloyd has never been the victim of a bad booking agent and was always aware of the scam-ripoff he was involved in. If you hear Lloyd Yeatman or Jeff Blair- Blairworld run as fast as you can. I find it hard to understand how either he or Blair remain in business with the number of bad reports on them.

Buff-Buster likes this.

12. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Graham sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

13. IA Monsterbuck

IA Monsterbuck AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    I am surprised in an industry that requires licensing and is so vital to the economy that they continue to be allowed to operate. People like that really give a black eye to all outfitters and I would think every reputable outfitter and PH would join in the effort to shut them down.

14. IA Monsterbuck

IA Monsterbuck AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    Gerry, thank you for posting your experience. The good thing about the Internet is that it is making it harder for these people to pull this kind of stuff.

I wish you had seen the reviews on this site. I am glad I joined this site as it has a wealth of information and as I prepare for my first trip to Africa I very much appreciate it.

I will add that I saw nothing but good comments about the outfitter I selected (Limcroma) and reading this site has just confirmed that and has helped me avoid any anxiety about this adventure.

Good luck on getting your zebra back. I hope when you look at it you will remember the positive things about your experience.

15. Ado

Ado AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SSAA, RW, SCI
    Hunted:
    Australia, South Africa, NZ
    It's is awful when such an important experience is ruined by thieves.

I cannot imagine not receiving my trophies.. hopefully your zebra will eventually turn up.

Ady

16. Gerry Addison

Gerry Addison AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Just an update on this bad situation. I finally did receive my Zebra skin. Because the paperwork was not filled out by Lloyd I had to pay a crazy, inflated price to have it tanned there and "special" paperwork done. I had the choice to either pay the price and get the skin or not pay and never see the skin. I shot the animal so I paid the price and finally did receive it. Didn't want the animal to go to waste. Sad end to a sad affair. Hopefully this link will prevent some others from going through all of this. I'm actually afraid to add up what this Zebra cost me in total! I have been on many, many, guided hunts all over the world and if I can be taken this badly I would say most can. Some people work harder at being dishonest than just doing things the correct and moral way.

edward and CAustin like this.

17. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Glad you got your Zebra back! I certainly understand wanting to get the animal you had taken back to the US, even at a higher cost.

18. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Yes sir that is the sad state of the world today. Thank goodness we have this site to help us check people out before booking. I hope this bad experience will not end your safari adventures. There are great honest outfitters here that will do the right thing by the hunter.

Gemsbok Gangsta and edward like this.

19. Gerry Addison

Gerry Addison AH Member

Video/Photo:
    I wanted to add to this post that I have been in contact with a member that runs a concession that borders Lloyd Yeatman's and he assures me that Lloyd is an honorable person in every way. I want to say that I liked Lloyd while I was there in camp and thought at the time he was caught in a very bad situation. While I don't agree with all that he did I still believe he was trying to make the best of a very bad situation and I don't think it was caused by him. I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I think I would be inclined to do just that with Lloyd Yeatman. He was pleasant to be around, hunted hard for the person he was hunting with, and treated all of his staff with great respect. There is no question he knows game and is an excellent hunter. It is not my intent to damage him and hopefully each member who reads this will take into account that perhaps Lloyd was trapped just as the three of us hunting there were. While I don't know this to be 100% positive fact, the fact that another member has stepp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017

20. tarbe

tarbe AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Reading this thread certainly makes me appreciate both AH and honest operators all the more!

Also, thanks to the OP for shining a light on this dirtbag.

Tim