www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
We received this message a few minutes ago this is copied from another operator,

We received the okay for a specific foreign/international hunt from the Ministry of Tourism.

We also applied to the Ministries of Transport & Health for further approvals last week and now await those. Hopefully we will know this week
In the mean time the government on Tuesday scrapped the requirement that visitors go into a forced 8 day quarantine at approved Quarantine Centers, but those who test negative on PCR test on arrival will now go into voluntary home isolation for 21 days. In our case that will mean isolation in camp. This was a step in the right direction.

Ministry of Transport has also called on the Ministry of Tourism to encourage registering those tour operators that were not previously registered.This is a good sign that intercity/inter provincial travel will soon be relaxed. Hopefully this will include full reopening of airports.

The following airlines have indicated that they will start flight to Harare in early September:

Kenya Airways
Rwandair
Emirates
Ethiopian Airways is already flying 4 times into Harare
Sll looks positive indeed!

Please do not take any of this as official, but I do believe these steps are being taken and we will see a opening for operators who are operating a "Covid 19Certified facility"

We will contact SOAZ today to try and get more information.

Great news! Were hoping to hunt in Zim next summer, so this sounds like great progress.

At least its a positive step! Hopefully it will progress quickly

I received the same message today from my outfitter!

I missed my (paid for too!) Leopard hunt April so maybe I still make it this year!

Fingers crossed

Just noticed there are one-way biz class tickets from HRE to USA for $2100!

If the dates are played correctly, it might be a roundtrip biz class for $4000-$5000.

Why is that a great deal?

70lb check bag limit. (3 guns and case is 70...no extra fee)
3 checked bag limit to bring a pile of stuff over to our friends in need.
Free limo too and from airport saving a small fortune.
If more than a 6 hour layover in dubai, free hotel room.
Free access to the lounge in the USA (free food and drink) Dubai, and HRE
You can hang out in the bar ON THE PLANE making the trip easy-peasy
One airlline travel with Emirates means ONE rifle permit, just emirates, and that's easy
Emirates one-airline travel means you don't need a travel agent
One airline means you don't need to recheck bags or deal with lost rifles/ammo

Overall, I have to look at this very closely. @Tokoloshe Safaris I might need to stop by for beer and steaks on the brai!

Just noticed there are one-way biz class tickets from HRE to USA for $2100!

If the dates are played correctly, it might be a roundtrip biz class for $4000-$5000.

Why is that a great deal?

70lb check bag limit. (3 guns and case is 70...no extra fee)
3 checked bag limit to bring a pile of stuff over to our friends in need.
Free limo too and from airport saving a small fortune.
If more than a 6 hour layover in dubai, free hotel room.
Free access to the lounge in the USA (free food and drink) Dubai, and HRE
You can hang out in the bar ON THE PLANE making the trip easy-peasy
One airlline travel with Emirates means ONE rifle permit, just emirates, and that's easy
Emirates one-airline travel means you don't need a travel agent
One airline means you don't need to recheck bags or deal with lost rifles/ammo

Overall, I have to look at this very closely. @Tokoloshe Safaris I might need to stop by for beer and steaks on the brai!

Stop mentioning all the benefits of Emirates- I don't want all the rewards seats booked before I have a chance!

I saw a round trip from IAH to Zambia for about 4500 with a stop in Dar on Turkish. I saw another one on BA thru JNB with a transfer on SAA. Early November time frame, I don’t know if those flights are real or just in the computer. I am concerned a lot of the fare are for flights that will never fly.

Last edited:
I will do my best to keep everyone informed on the Zimbabwe end. There is so much phony media "outhere", I do not want to add to rumors.

I would suggest contacting "SOAZ". They should have the latest confirmed news and possibly a list of operators that have been "veted" by the Zimbabwe Ministry of health. Please keep in mind "Politics" play a big part in everything that takes place in Zim. so this could be a very fluid situation.

I have just received word that there will be some type of big announcement September First. Not sure that this might be the big news that we have been waiting for. As soon as I have something definite I will post!

Read government announcement that airports are opening on October 1st for international flights....got the pdf government report but cant post it....it was issued today...domestic flights on 10th sept

That's certainly positive news @spike.t ! Hopefully it opens and the Zim operators can get 6-8 weeks of hunting in this year!

Chinese Miners are pouring into Zimbabwe with no difficulty?

Chinese Miners are pouring into Zimbabwe with no difficulty?

Raping the world of its natural resources has less travel restrictions than sustainable consumption.

Not to take the thread off topic, but if you want to understand how the Chinese operate in Zimbabwe, here's a great video:

I received this today from my PH in Zimbabwe

Attachments

• 8A5D2350-7101-4FEA-A2FB-68C979151966.jpeg
    8A5D2350-7101-4FEA-A2FB-68C979151966.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 199
For all practical purposes air travel in and out of Zimbabwe has re-opened. However we still have many unanswered questions, such as Covid 19 testing and quarantine? We do know that flights are allowed in and out of Harare. I will be going to Victoria Falls in a couple of hours and should have more info n the resumption of flights in and out of the falls.

I will be spending the next one to two weeks with Zimbabwe National Parks personnel and should have a day to day update on actual conditions.

One other piece of good news mining of kind in Hwange National park has ceased. In addition we have not seen any sign of "Chinese miners pouring in", there was already enough of them here.

It will certainly help the situation of SAA & South African Air link will start operations again.

For all practical purposes air travel in and out of Zimbabwe has re-opened. However we still have many unanswered questions, such as Covid 19 testing and quarantine? We do know that flights are allowed in and out of Harare. I will be going to Victoria Falls in a couple of hours and should have more info n the resumption of flights in and out of the falls.

I will be spending the next one to two weeks with Zimbabwe National Parks personnel and should have a day to day update on actual conditions.

One other piece of good news mining of kind in Hwange National park has ceased. In addition we have not seen any sign of "Chinese miners pouring in", there was already enough of them here.

It will certainly help the situation of SAA & South African Air link will start operations again.

The pdf of the government press statement I have from yesterday says travellers must have a valid covid PCR test done within 48 hours of departure from where they travelling from and done by a recognised laboratory as per who recommendations.

The pdf of the government press statement I have from yesterday says travellers must have a valid covid PCR test done within 48 hours of departure from where they travelling from and done by a recognised laboratory as per who recommendations.

Test results was the problem when we were going to Alaska. Had to have a test with negative results within 72 hours of arriving in Alaska. Unless you had the symptoms it was a 4-6 day return on results. We rescheduled to 2021.
Hopefully for you guys the results return time gets better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg