ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Dalton & York?

I emailed them over 2 weeks ago to ask about an elephant hunt and I have yet to hear back from them. I very much have enjoyed a number of videos of them hunting various clients. They seem like a good outfit!!
Andrew they are busy hunting and dont answer emails quickly. Give it some time and they will respond.
Philip

All I can afford is YouTube hunting experiences. And from what I witnessed of the Dalton and York operation. Was impressive.
No fancy bullshitting. A hard working and genuine operation.
Enjoy!
Exactly!

Interested to hear what area you hunted the sable. York mentioned there were a few herds on a couple table top "mountains" in the area but they were mostly in the central or southern area of the Omay. We stayed North the whole time. I've also seen where D&Y hunt Mateisti 5 (maybe?) also.
Yea I thought they were laying off Sable hunting for a couple years in the Omay. I saw some but didnt connect when I was there a few years ago.

Interested to hear what area you hunted the sable. York mentioned there were a few herds on a couple table top "mountains" in the area but they were mostly in the central or southern area of the Omay. We stayed North the whole time. I've also seen where D&Y hunt Mateisti 5 (maybe?) also.
I was on that hunt too. We hunted in Matetsi 1 and cawston. 3 hunters, 46 animals including 3 sable, 3 buffalo and an elephant. No one will work harder to provide a successful hunt than Dalt and York. We have hunted with them 3 times and have 3 more trips on the book.

What are the realistic odds of connecting with an Ele >50# in the omay?

Getting very close to pulling the trigger on a trip for Buffalo and Elephant with Dalton and York. I’ve read great hunt reports on here so far. Any other input/advice from other members? Just trying to get as much input as possible!!
Thank you
Going with them in a couple of weeks will report

I believe @Jumbo hunted with York a few years ago.
Heard nothing but good things from him about the trip.

What are the realistic odds of connecting with an Ele >50# in the omay?
D& Y recently had a 58 pd ele bull on a Youtube episode of TIA5, but they weren't in the Omay. It was a different area of Zim.

I went last yea,r as a few others of us. Solid outfit. Accommodations and food were very nice considering how far out in the boonies you are. Not sure if you have ever done a "communal" hunt but it was my first. I was taken back by the number of people that we encountered during our hunts. It was a great experience to see how they lived but I never got used to it while we were actually hunting.
You're not going to see hundreds of animals per day. Most of the hunting gets done around the lake and Ume River, which means you might spent 2.5 hrs to get to your hunting locale, although I think they have a spike camp going now in McKenzie (furthest West area).
They have tons of hippo and crocs! Lots of elephant, good population of buffalo, chobe bushbuck, waterbuck and impala. The area isn't know for trophy impala though. Outside that, I think anything else you aren't specifically targeting will be occasional, chance run ins.
For Elephant and buff you should be good. I only saw one bull ele with around 50 lb ivory but we weren't hunting ele either.
D&Y made payment easy and they never sweated over the details. The camp crew is great, but that also leads to a larger than I was used to "tip list" so to speak. But no biggie as most were $40-$50 tip ranges.
I think you can book with confidence.
Thank you.

I emailed them over 2 weeks ago to ask about an elephant hunt and I have yet to hear back from them. I very much have enjoyed a number of videos of them hunting various clients. They seem like a good outfit!!

Andrew62.
I have for example contacted an outfitter in Namibia for a reason unrelated to hunting.
The reply was busy hunting. Will respond after September.
And although I agree the communication lines must be kept operational can I imagine that this walk of business have time to respond only between 21h30 and 03h30.
For what it's worth. Do they remain a shining example of dedicated personal service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShelbyFogg

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross